2 To Face Charges In Pa. After Wife Shot By Gun In Bra
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police plan to charge a married couple after the woman was accidentally shot in the arm when her husband reached for her cellphone — which the woman carried in her bra along with the gun — during an argument on the street.
The Associated Press is not naming the Carnegie couple because police had yet to file charges Thursday. The incident occurred about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.
That’s when police say the 35-year-old husband reached for the cellphone, accidentally hitting the gun in the process. The gun fired, wounding the woman in the arm. She ran to nearby Allegheny General Hospital for treatment.
Police intend to charge the man with aggravated assault under Pennsylvania’s domestic violence laws. The woman will be charged with carrying an unlicensed firearm.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Facebook Introduces New Feature To Help Prevent Suicide
- Internet Activists Use Grumpy Cat In Aerial Jab At Comcast
- Pa. Among Top 10 States With The Worst Taxes For The Average American
- Dog On The Tracks Disrupts SEPTA Service To 69th Street Station
- Study: Super-long Eyelashes Might Be Pretty, But They Could Be Harmful To Your Eyes