2 To Face Charges In Pa. After Wife Shot By Gun In Bra
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police plan to charge a married couple after the woman was accidentally shot in the arm when her husband reached for her cellphone — which the woman carried in her bra along with the gun — during an argument on the street.
The Associated Press is not naming the Carnegie couple because police had yet to file charges Thursday. The incident occurred about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.
That’s when police say the 35-year-old husband reached for the cellphone, accidentally hitting the gun in the process. The gun fired, wounding the woman in the arm. She ran to nearby Allegheny General Hospital for treatment.
Police intend to charge the man with aggravated assault under Pennsylvania’s domestic violence laws. The woman will be charged with carrying an unlicensed firearm.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Study Claims Key To Fighting Drug-resistant Bacteria Could Be On Top Of Your Pancakes
- Study: Is Milk Associated With A Higher Mortality Rate?
- Gov. Christie On Bridgegate: ‘If They Want To Subpoena Me, That’s Fine’
- Travel To Cuba Getting Easier In Our Area After Airline Announces Start Of Flights To The Island
- Study: Diabetes Could Cause Signs Of Aging, Cognitive Decline In Brain