Report: Cole Hamels And Marlon Byrd Claimed Off Waivers
Phillies CentralShop for Phillies Gear
Buy Phillies Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — According to Ken Rosenthal, Phillies ace Cole Hamels has been claimed off waivers by an unidentified team. Hamels was claimed on revocable waivers which means the Phillies now have two days to either work out a trade with the team that claimed him, or they can pull him back off waivers.
There are only nine teams that Hamels can be dealt to without his consent. Those teams are Boston, L.A. Dodgers, Atlanta, L.A. Angels, St. Louis, Washington, San Diego, Texas and the New York Yankees.
There is no indication at this time whether or not the team that claimed Hamels is among those nine franchises. When a player is placed on waivers, each team has an opportunity to claim that player. The selection process goes in order from the team with the worst record in baseball to the team with the best.
Rosenthal is also reporting that Marlon Byrd was claimed on waivers as well. Byrd’s name had been linked to several teams as the July 31st deadline approached including the Mariners and the Pirates.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Kelly On Peters: ‘I Thought He Was Channeling His Inner Craig Berube’
- Kelly Responds To Williams: ‘We’ll Sit Down Tomorrow’
- Eagles Players React To Baker’s Dirty Hit And Peters’ Defense Of Foles
- Team Grades: If There Is A Grade For Grittiness, Eagles Get “A” vs. Redskins
- Cary Williams: Is Kelly’s System Draining The Eagles?