34 Overdoses, 42 Arrests During 2-Day Concert On Seaside Heights Beach
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say there were 34 drug overdoses and 42 arrests during a two-day concert on the Seaside Heights beach.
Electric Adventure Beach Weekend was a dance music event that took place on Saturday and Sunday.
The Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office says 20 of the adults and three of the seven juveniles arrested were accused of controlled dangerous substance offenses.
Authorities say none of the drug overdoses resulted in death.
This was the first time the event was held in Seaside Heights. It was held at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson the last two years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Owners Of Manco & Manco Pizza Admit Evading Taxes
- Incarcerated Priest Among Those Awaiting Pope’s Visit to a Phila. Prison
- PPL Park, Home Stadium for Philadelphia Union, Getting a Name Change
- Country’s First Gay Divorce Firm Opens In Philadelphia
- Child Rushed To Hospital After Falling Out Window In Kensington