SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say there were 34 drug overdoses and 42 arrests during a two-day concert on the Seaside Heights beach.
Electric Adventure Beach Weekend was a dance music event that took place on Saturday and Sunday.
The Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office says 20 of the adults and three of the seven juveniles arrested were accused of controlled dangerous substance offenses.
Authorities say none of the drug overdoses resulted in death.
This was the first time the event was held in Seaside Heights. It was held at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson the last two years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Two Men Pose As Utility Workers, Assault Woman In South Philadelphia
- Drexel University Encourages Employees To Stand Up For Their Health
- Analysis: Christie Faces Challenges As He Returns To Full-Time Governing In New Jersey
- Valentine’s Day Can Be Dangerous Day For Pets
- All Of I-78 Now Open To Traffic After Deadly Pileup In Lebanon County