34 Overdoses, 42 Arrests During 2-Day Concert On Seaside Heights Beach
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say there were 34 drug overdoses and 42 arrests during a two-day concert on the Seaside Heights beach.
Electric Adventure Beach Weekend was a dance music event that took place on Saturday and Sunday.
The Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office says 20 of the adults and three of the seven juveniles arrested were accused of controlled dangerous substance offenses.
Authorities say none of the drug overdoses resulted in death.
This was the first time the event was held in Seaside Heights. It was held at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson the last two years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Camden Police Investigate Possible Abduction
- Police: Pa. Woman Accused Of Tying Man To Bed, Setting Him On Fire Arrested
- Laurel Hill Cemetery Pays Tribute To Those Who Made Ultimate Sacrifice For Our Country
- Man Shot 4 Times, Critically Injured In North Philly
- Actress Anne Meara, Mom Of Ben Stiller, Dies