SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say there were 34 drug overdoses and 42 arrests during a two-day concert on the Seaside Heights beach.
Electric Adventure Beach Weekend was a dance music event that took place on Saturday and Sunday.
The Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office says 20 of the adults and three of the seven juveniles arrested were accused of controlled dangerous substance offenses.
Authorities say none of the drug overdoses resulted in death.
This was the first time the event was held in Seaside Heights. It was held at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson the last two years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘Double Dipping’ Ends For Most Burlington County Government Workers
- Iconic ’80s Toy Bear Teddy Ruxpin Is Back
- The Krispy Kreme Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Doughnut
- Life In Prison For Sudanese Refugee Convicted In Stabbing Death Of Co-Worker At Montco Meat-Packing Plant
- Mayor Kenney Urges Young People To Vote At Community College Of Philadelphia Event