PHILADELPHIA (CBS) Philadelphia Police are questioning a suspect in connection with a hit and run at 8th & Allegheny that left a female victim in critical condition.
Police say, around 1:45 a.m. Saturday, the unidentified woman was struck by a 1997 green Pontiac Grand Am. Passengers in the vehicle told the driver not to move, but she allegedly backed up and ran over the victim again, then drove away.
Police say a witness called police and followed the car to 25th and Firth Streets, where the Pontiac crashed into an unoccupied, parked car. According to police, the witness saw the driver get out of the car and run away.
When police arrived at 25th and Firth Streets, they found the Pontiac and the owner’s documents inside. That, police say, led them to the suspect’s home, where they arrested her. Charges have not yet been filed.
The victim is currently at Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Trump Declines To Attend White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- Truck Rams Crowd During Mardi Gras Parade; Many Injured
- Houston Academic Finds Uncredited Novel Written By Walt Whitman
- Warmer Weather Could Save Skiers Some Green At Blue Mountain
- New Plans In Works For Long-Shuttered Collegeville Inn Property