PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Finishes First Again
- 40 Bulldogs Compete In Beautiful Bulldog Contest
- About 100 Bicyclist Seen Riding On I-676
- Philadelphia Police Searching For Missing 8-Year-Old Boy
- La Salle Taps Graduating Senior As Commencement Speaker
- DNA Ancestry Site Now Tests For Certain Illnesses
- Haverford Township Police Host 3rd Annual Police K-9 Competition
- Philadelphia Prepares As Penn Relays Coincide With NFL Draft
- Lyrid Meteor Shower Lights Up Sky In China
- 3-Year-Old With Speech Delay Uses Paint To Communicate