PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Pre-Kindergarten Expansion Approaches Full Enrollment
- ‘SNL’ Writer Criticized For Tweeting Barron Trump ‘Will Be This Country’s First Homeschool Shooter’
- High School Students Express Optimism, Concern Following President Trump’s Inauguration
- Over 200 Arrested As Violent Protests Rage In Nation’s Capital On Trump’s Inauguration Day
- Senate Confirms Nominations Of James Mattis, John Kelly
- ‘Now Arrives The Hour Of Action’: Donald Trump Becomes 45th President Of United States
- Philly College Students Protest Trump’s Inauguration
- White House Website Removes LGBT, Climate Change Pages After Trump Inauguration
- Delaware River Bridge Shut Down In Bucks County, Crack Discovered Requires Repair
- After Train Ride Home, Thousands Welcome Biden Back To Delaware