PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Philadelphia Has A New Poet Laureate
- NJ Sales Tax Break A Big Deal At The AC Boat Show
- Main Line Society of Professional Women To Host Event With Local New York Times Best-Selling Author
- Man Rushed To Hospital After Shooting In Voorhees
- NJ Nurses Part Of Audio Team Working Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Woman And Children Injured By Hit And Run Driver Home From Hospital
- Here’s Why ‘Go Red For Women Day’ Is So Important
- Hungry Sea Lion Pup Makes Her Way Into Fancy Restaurant
- Police Search For Suspect Accused Of Assaulting Man With Metal Cane
- Starbucks Paying Less For Coffee Beans, But It Won’t Affect You