PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Popular Sites Like Amazon, Twitter And Netflix Suffer Outages
- How Leaves Could Affect Travel Time For Those Who Rely On Transit Systems
- Yoga Pants Parade To Protest Man’s Comments On Women’s Wear
- Do You Mukbang? It’s The New Form Of ‘Social Eating’
- Philly Police Investigate After Burned Body Found
- Survey Shows Many Are Willing To Lie To Get Day Off
- Man Hopes To Get Into World Records Book With Rooftop Ouija Board
- What’s Cooking on 1060: Pumpkins And Candy Galore
- What Are The Most Popular Halloween Candies In PA, NJ, DE?
- Philly Pop-Up Weed Garden Celebrates Decriminalization