Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Brotherly Love: A Meal For Anyone Who Wants One
- Senate OKs Philadelphia Schools Cigarette Tax Measure
- Coastal Storm Brings Needed Rain
- Sprinkler Company Seeks To End Work At Trump Taj Mahal, Claims It’s Owed Money By Bankrupt Casino
- Delco Schoolteacher Charged With Sexual Contact With Former Student, 15
- Tom Wolf Visits Philadelphia to Rally Hispanic Vote in Pa. Governor Race
- Design Unveiled For Bucks County 9/11 Memorial Site
- Area Doctor Offers Advice For Helping Elderly Avoid Dangerous Falls
- Philadelphia ‘Walk of Fame,’ on Broad Street, Gets Some Loving Attention
- DA: 3 To Be Charged In Assault On Gay Couple In Center City