Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- WEATHER: A Pleasant Next Two Days
- Stockton Univ. President Saatkamp Leaves 4 Months Sooner Than Announced
- Police Trying To ID Men Who Vandalized Shuttered Penn State Frat House
- Ford Recalls Nearly 400K Cars To Fix Door Latches
- Pa. Fast Food Restaurant Bans Kids And Teens Unless They Have An Adult With Them
- Authorities Looking For Person Who Shot And Killed Bald Eagle
- Armed Suspect Arrested After Brief Standoff With Police In West Philadelphia
- Senate Could Override If Wolf Vetoes Bill Killing Paid Sick Leave
- West Philadelphia Native Hosts Meetups Around The City For Mindfulness Movement
- South Park Avenue Remains Closed After Deadly Truck Accident