PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Eagles Catching On As ‘America’s Team’ As City Grabs Tourism Attention
- Some Eagles Fans Paying The Price After NFC Championship Win
- Astrologer Suggests January New Moon Could Lead To Financial Gain
- Kevin Spacey Cost Netflix An ‘Unexpected’ $39 Million
- Trump Signs Bill Reopening Government
- Wistar Institute Receives $1.4M Grant To Develop Vaccine For Malaria
- Republicans Vow To Appeal Pa. Supreme Court Decision To Throw Out District Voting Maps
- Governor Murphy Signs Order Calling For New Jersey Transit Audit
- Bill Cosby Tells Stories At Club In 1st Show Since 2015
- Eagles Fans Find Hangover Relief At ‘City Hydration’