PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- As Heat Rises, Gas Prices Continue To Fall Across Nation
- Board Increases Tuition At Penn State University
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Philadelphia
- Trump To Visit Pennsylvania, In Middle Of DNC
- Political Scandals Linger As Philly Readies For DNC
- Hotel Staffs In Center City Brace For Flood Of Delegates
- Healthcare Workers Hold 1-Day Strike At Chestnut Hill Hospital
- Weeds Beneath Water Cause Increased Challenges For Rowers At Philly Youth Regatta
- Man Stabbed Outside CVS In North Philadelphia
- The First Handwritten Draft Of The Constitution On Display In Philadelphia