PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Positively Philadelphia: 2017 NFL Draft
- Police: Officer Injured In Dirt Bike Chase In North Philadelphia
- New Philly Venue Will Score Big Points With Ping Pong Lovers
- Philadelphia Residents Enjoy Warm Winter Sun
- After 3 Years Of Being Homeless, Levittown Man Finds New Home
- Two City Councilmen Say Pause In Issuing EV Parking Permits Is Temporary
- Improvements On The Way For Bucks County Riverside Park
- Mummers Enjoy A Sunny Strut Through Manayunk
- 2-Year-Old Struck In Montco Hit-And-Run
- Police: Cab Driver Shot By Another Taxi Driver Outside SEPTA’s Frankford Station