Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Firefighters Battle 4-Alarm Fire In Delaware County
- AP: Bill Cosby Admitted He Got Drugs To Give Women For Sex
- Covered Bridge In Valley Forge National Historical Park Closed Due To Damage
- Body Found In New Jersey Inlet Is Missing Pennsylvania Teen
- Police: 1 Injured After Dump Truck Overturns In Delaware
- Some Philadelphia Institutions Forced To Close During Papal Visit
- Starbucks: Prices For Some Drinks To Go Up By 5 To 20 Cents
- Officials Investigate Alleged Shark Sighting Off Margate Beach
- Married Couple Accused Of Stealing From Beachgoers’ Bags At Jersey Shore
- Court: Atlantic City Overcharged Borgata Casino In Taxes