PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- CSX Train Derails In Northeast DC, Possible Hazardous Leak
- Police Investigate Armed Robbery At 7-Eleven In Mayfair
- Positively Philadelphia: Beauty And Bargains
- World-reknown Cellist Takes Center Stage With Hundreds Of Delaware Valley Musicians
- Business Side Of Medical Marijuana Comes To Old City
- Christmas CD, Medical Bracelets, More Found In Beach Cleanup
- New Book Offers Fresh Look At The Phillies
- Behave In New Jersey Forests, Or Else…
- 1 Teen Dead, Another Injured After Being Ejected From Carnival Ride
- Delaware GOP Chairman Expects Strong Support For Trump At Convention