Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- New Philadelphia Pre-K Funding Commission May Be Decided By Voters This Spring
- Community Cancellations: Monday, March 2
- Weather Related Mass Transit Issues, Airport Delays
- Defendant In Black Market Body Enhancement Trial Expected Back On The Stand For More Cross-Examination Today
- New App Links Those In Need To Services
- Philadelphia School District Urging Parents To Sign Kids Up For K Soon
- 2 Shot Dead At South Jersey Motel
- SRC Stunner: Gov. Wolf Replaces Bill Green As Chairman
- Icy Conditions Continue Overnight
- Storm Leaves Icy Concerns Overnight, For Morning Commute