Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Police Search For Driver In Feltonville Hit-Run Involving SEPTA Bus
- Credit Card Companies Banking On Incentives To Boost Holiday Spending
- Fire Destroys Barn In Mercer County
- E-Commerce Retailers Network, Discuss Latest Trends At Digital Summit In Philadelphia
- Pa. House Vote Today On Wolf Tax Proposals
- Wednesday NASA Launch May Be Visible In Our Area
- Local Fans Weigh In On Alleged Fantasy Football Scandal
- Authorities: Woman’s Body Discovered In Hamilton Township Park
- 11-Year-Old Who Runs His Own Business Attends Forbes Under 30 Summit
- Police Investigate Death Of Transgender Woman In Philadelphia