PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- FDA Cites Rodents, Filth In Report On Farm Linked To Egg Recall
- Police: Suspect Wanted For Robbing Heritage’s At Gunpoint
- Apps Helping To Thwart Illegal, Annoying Robocalls
- Film Puts Spotlight On Sheetz Vs. Wawa Debate
- Expert: Benadryl, Quaaludes Could’ve Affected Cosby Accuser
- Blue Bell Woman To Run Komen’s ‘Race For The Cure’ In Honor Of Late Mother
- 2 Black Men Arrested At Starbucks Get Apology From Philadelphia Police Commissioner, Mayor
- Police: Suspect Wanted In Ambush Shooting Of Father, 21-Month-Old Boy
- Emergency Repairs As ‘Significant Deterioration’ Found Under Ben Franklin Bridge
- New Jersey State Trooper Indicted With Stopping Female Drivers For Dates