Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Accident Snarling Traffic In Burlington County
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Announces New Inductees For Walk Of Fame
- CDC: 150 Possibly Had Contact With Lassa Fever Victim
- Police: 1 Dead, 1 Injured In Allentown Shooting
- Apple And Google Driving Together Behind The Wheel
- United States’ First Adult Toy Vending Machine Coming To Philadelphia
- Plans To Makeover Gallery Shopping Mall Hit City Council Roadblock
- Government Audit Finds Improper Behavior At Philadelphia VA
- Little Girl Helps Firefighters Rescue Kitten In Lancaster County
- Autistic Youth Honored For Global T-Shirt Business That Raises Awareness For Autism