PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters Host Picnic In Franklin Square
- Artists Show Off Their Work At The Manayunk Arts Festival
- CBS3 Partners With Pennsylvania SPCA For New ‘Pet Project’
- Irish Heritage Festival Held At Penn’s Landing
- Athletes Gather In Philly For Trirock Triathlon
- Temple Basketball Great Hal Lear Dies At Age 81
- Wounded Officer Gets Call From Kenny Chesney After Singer’s Shout Out Flub
- Barnes & Noble To Serve Beer & Wine
- Prince’s Yellow Guitar Sold At Auction
- Sixers Top Draft Pick Simmons’ Cousin Killed In New Jersey Hit-And-Run