Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Del. County Church Collecting Shoes For Haiti, Uganda
- New Chair At County Prosecutors Association Of New Jersey Hails From Gloucester County
- Locally Based Non-profit That Provides After School Programs In Public Schools Gets Major Boost
- Gravediggers’ Ball Fundraiser For Laurel Hill Cemetery Marks 10 Years
- Police Investigate Burglaries In Lower Gwynedd Township
- Police Investigate Shooting In Northern Liberties
- New Protective Gear For Philadelphia First Responders
- Man Found Guilty Of Assault On Police Officer In Delaware County
- Evenflo Recalls More Than 200,000 Infant Seats
- New York, New Jersey Issue Stronger Ebola Quarantine