PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- 2 Children, Grandmother Killed In North Philadelphia House Fire
- Former PA Congressman To Give Memorial Day Speech At Philly Korean War Memorial
- Final Preparations Are Underway To Kick Off Philly Beer Week
- Once Neglected Golf Course Is Now Getting Back Into Swing Of Things
- Combined Help For Thousands In Camden County With Mental Health, Addiction Issues
- Montgomery County Rolls Out New App In Effort To Save Lives
- Be Careful What You Flush
- Philadelphia’s Payroll Went Up According To National Labor Statistics
- Manchester Residents Honor Bombing Victims With Bee Tattoos
- Thousands Gather To See Blue Angels At This Year’s Millville Air Show