PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Police Name Person Of Interest After Woman Is Shot In Limerick
- Trump Says NFL Should Fire Players Who Kneel During Anthem
- 11-Year-Old With Rare Genetic Syndrome Chasing His Dreams
- Families Struggling To Make Contact As Puerto Rico Remains Without Power
- Police: Man Charged With Sexually Assaulting Special Needs Teen At Rec Center
- This Cardiovascular Workout Is Helping Athletes Bounce Back From Injuries
- Sea Of Green Hits North Wildwood For Irish Weekend
- Police: 3-Year-Old Boy Accidentally Shoots Uncle In Center City
- Study: Gunshot, Stabbing Victims More Likely To Die If Transported By Ambulance
- Former Airman To Plead Guilty In Child Sex Abuse Case