PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Latest Motion Brings Another Setback To DA Seth Williams
- New Emojis Coming Soon: Breastfeeding, Beard, Woman Wearing Headscarf And More
- Couple Who Met On Set Of ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Gets Married
- Police: Teen Shot In Arm In West Philly
- Plea Set For Suspect In Fatal Home Invasion
- Mindy Kaling Disses Sen. Cory Booker And Gets A Dinner Date
- Police: North Philly Store Owner Shoots Attempted Robber, Bystander
- Woman Convicted Of Involuntary Manslaughter In Man’s Death
- Free Library To Introduce Birding Backpack Program
- Rep. Poe Resigns From House Freedom Caucus Over Health Care Stance