PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Chester County Ranked The 4th Happiest County In America
- Annual Nationwide Challenge Raises Awareness About Hearing Loss
- Solar-Powered Airplane Lands In Allentown
- Former Mayor Nutter Honored With Theatre Dedication
- S.C. Gov. Nikki Haley Signs Law Banning Abortion At 20 Weeks
- TV Show To Feature Search For Wilt’s 100-Point Game Ball
- Effort To Revitalize Nicetown Helps Put Formerly Incarcerated To Work
- Governor Wolf Signs Ignition Interlocks Bill
- Debate Over Proposed Soda Tax Heats Up As Decision Deadline Nears
- NJ Legislators Set To Vote On Atlantic City Rescue Package