Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Hitchhiking Robot’s Cross-Country Trip In U.S. Ends In Philly
- Former Congregants Gather To Say Goodbye To Beloved South Philly Church
- Boy, 10, Shot And Wounded In Chester
- Pennsylvania State Police Probe Report That Trooper Posted Racial Joke On Facebook
- Bicyclist With Philly-based Nonprofit Struck, Killed By Driver On Cell Phone
- Verizon Strike Possible As Contract Deadline Looms
- Former Pa. Teacher Charged With Having Sex With 13-Year-Old Student
- Woman Found Shot Dead Inside Car In Kensington
- Abducted Wilkes-Barre Teen Found Safe; Alleged Kidnapper Arrested
- Villanova University, Philadelphia Water Team Up To Address Stormwater Runoff Problem