Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Weather: Windy and Cold, But Dry
- PPA Says It Plans To Impound Lyft Cars Caught Carrying Passengers
- 3 Lanes Of Route 70 In Cherry Hill Reopen Following Multi-vehicle Crash
- Tractor Trailer Crash Snarls Traffic On I-295 South Near Mount Laurel, NJ
- What’s Comes After Politics For Nutter? It Won’t Be Meteorology
- Political Brawl Over Last-Minute Nominations Continues In Harrisburg
- Equality PA Launches Statewide LGBT Education Campaign
- Bucks County Residents Injured In Bus Crash File Lawsuit Against GPS Manufacturers
- Hazmat Teams Respond To Ammonia Leak In Frankford
- Dozens Of Cancelled Flights At Philadelphia International Airport