PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Move Over Apple! Scrapple Pies Top Seller At Jersey Shore Shop
- Authorities: Off-Duty Cop Kills Man Who Tried To Take Gun
- 2-Year-Old Hit By Car, Killed In West Philly
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘Don’t Breathe’ Beats ‘Suicide Squad’
- First Day Of School For Some Montco Students
- Effort To Preserve Beloved Chester County Farm
- Thai-Rolled Ice Cream Growing In Popularity
- New Aviation Rules May Make Drones More Popular
- Reward Doubles In Shooting That Killed Camden Girl
- Made In America Road Closures Throughout Week Announced