Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Man Shot In Head In Delaware
- Naked, Body-Painted Bicyclists Ride Through Philly
- Delco Police Arrest Gas Station Worker Who Groped Customer
- Pennsylvania Advances To LLWS Championship
- Performance Artists Take To The Schuylkill River
- Teens Rock Out Aboard Battleship New Jersey
- 2-Year-Old Boy Found, Allegedly Taken By His Father
- Man Shot At Camden County Apartment Complex Dies From Wounds
- Man Gets 20-Year Prison Term For Strangling Ex-Girlfriend
- Police Locate Missing 10-Year-Old, Diabetic Boy