Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Man Struck, Killed By SEPTA Train
- Police: 2 Suspects Sought In Targeted Chester County Home Invasion
- 1 Injured In Delaware Apartment Fire
- Hundreds March, Then Stage Die-In In Center City Calling For Racial Equality
- Winter Has Officially Arrived
- Real-life ‘Sopranos’ Strip Club Robbed Of $30K
- Christie To Obama: Demand Cuba Return Cop Killer
- Army Veteran Receives Heroes Welcome In South Jersey
- Man Dies After Driving Into Trees Off AC Expressway
- Detectives: Shane Montgomery’s Keys Found In Schuylkill River