PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Local Teen Girl Prays Dream Of Singing For Pope Comes True
- Jay Lloyd’s Getaway: Winter Sports
- Thanksgiving Dinner Served Abroad The Battleship New Jersey
- Thousands Line Parkway For Philadelphia’s 96th Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Local Non-Profit Provides Thanksgiving Dinner To Families In Need
- Early Morning For Parade Volunteers In Center City
- Some See Transportation Projects Dwindling In New Jersey
- Museums A Popular Family Alternative To Shopping The Day After Thanksgiving
- Turing Reneges On Drug Price Cut, Rival’s Version Sells Well
- Fatal Fire In Nicetown Section Of Philadelphia