Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Death Of South Jersey Man Who Was In Police Custody Under Investigation
- Police Search For Missing Pittsgrove Teen
- Police: Body Pulled From Schuylkill River Identified As Missing Phila. Man
- Police: Teen Shot In South Philadelphia
- Central High Students’ Grilling of Philadelphia Mayoral Candiates Carried Live on Cable TV
- Weather: A Rainy Evening
- Sources: Indictment of US Sen. Menendez (D-N.J.) is Imminent
- Interfaith Rally Looks Beyond Anti-Islam Bus Ads That SEPTA Is Being Forced To Run
- Google Maps Turns Into Pac-Man’s Chomping Grounds
- Pa. Supreme Court Affirms Leak Probe That Named Attorney General Kathleen Kane