PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Suspect Arrested In Attack On SEPTA Officer
- TOO MUCH BACTERIA: 15 NJ Beaches Closed, Some Under Advisories
- Armed Robbery Near Wildwood Fudge Shop Under Investigation
- Brotherly Love: CHOP DROP, A Gift From Grateful Girls
- Alleged Serial Poop Smearers Charged In Pennsylvania
- Southwest Airlines Selling Seats With Great Views Of Total Solar Eclipse
- Police: Someone Stealing Pennsylvania Town’s Welcome Signs
- Indictments Accuse Allentown Mayor, Former Reading Mayor Taking Part In Pay-To-Play Scheme
- Man Charged In Woman’s Overdose Death Inside Her Hospital Room
- New Jersey Girls Bring Home Softball National Title For Vineland