LAS VEGAS (AP) — Indiana Pacers All-Star Paul George suffered a gruesome right leg injury late in the U.S. national team’s intrasquad scrimmage Friday night.
George leaped to contest a fast-break layup by James Harden with 9:33 left in the fourth quarter and his leg smashed against the bottom of the backboard stanchion.
After roughly 10 minutes of stoppage, George was taken out of the arena on a stretcher. Coach Mike Krzyzewski then announced to the crowd that the scrimmage would not be finished.
The White team led George’s Blue team 81-71.
George was considered a lock to make the final 12-man roster for the World Cup of Basketball that starts later this month in Spain.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Fired-Up Joel Embiid Powers 76ers Over Jazz 107-86
- ‘We Kicked Their Butt’: Fans Return Back To Philly From Dallas Following Dominating Eagles’ Win Against Cowboys
- Investigators: Roy Halladay Performed Turns Before Crash
- Eagles Have 16 Percent Chance Of Winning Super Bowl
- Phillies Announce 2018 Spring Training Schedule