CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Folcroft Lockdown Keeps Residents Inside As SWAT Members Capture Suspect
- HP Recalls Thousands Of Laptop Batteries Due To Fire Hazard
- Police Charge Man In Crash That Killed Burlco Teacher, Passenger
- Uber Is Rolling Out Guaranteed Fares
- Summer Camp Teaches Young Kids The Importance Of EMS
- Officer Shot In Delco; Officials ID Suspect Taken Into Custody
- Police Arrest Third Person In Connection With Fairmount Park Murder
- Philly Police Investigate After Charred Human Remains Discovered
- SEPTA/Amtrak Lines Resume After Police Investigation
- Economist Says Brexit Will Not Have Long-Term Effect On U.S