Young Mother Critical After Camden Shooting
CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- City Councilman Says It’s High Time Philadelphia Takes Stock Of All Historic Buildings In The City
- Allowances, Kids Love It And Parents Often Forget To Hand It Out—Now There’s An App For That!
- Poll Suggests Efforts To Turn AC’s Image Around Not Working As Well As Proponents Might Hope
- Montgomery County D.A. Restructuring Office In Wake Of Mistake Made Earlier This Year
- Three Injured In Crash Along Route 422 In Limerick
- Police: Teen Boys Arrested In Sex Video Case
- Thousands Hit New Jersey Beaches As Part Of Annual Cleanup
- Fire Rips Through Apartment Building In North Philadelphia
- Police: Man Beaten, Shot In Queen Village
- Police: Man Kills, Robs Norristown Man He Met Online