Young Mother Critical After Camden Shooting
CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Local Police Offer Parking Lot For Craigslist Transactions
- Protesters Against The Keystone XL Pipeline Greet President Obama As He Arrives In Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Flower Show To Celebrate The Movies This Year
- Mayor Speaks On Philadelphia Fire Department Investigation
- Research Finds Homeowners Living Close To Starbucks Have Seen Property Values Skyrocket
- Several Hospitalized Following SEPTA Bus Accident In Hunting Park
- University Of Pennsylvania Makes New Efforts To Curb Sexual Violence
- At One South Jersey High School, Curriculum Goes High Tech With New Lab
- Suspect Caught On Tape Robbing Dunkin’ Donuts In Center City
- Sen. Bob Casey Says Additional Federal Funds Being Allocated to Delaware River Dredging Project