CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Pup Released, Received Free Medical Care After Being Found In Trash Bag In Lawncrest
- Expert Explains: If You Want To Talk Politics, Be Informed
- Weather: Warm Temperatures Continue, Major Rain Ahead
- Pot Smokers ‘Toke Back The Wall’ In Rittenhouse Square
- Woman Claims She Suffered Hundreds Of Bedbug Bites In Bahamas
- Actor Shia LaBeouf Begins 4-Year Donald Trump Protest Live Stream
- President Trump Hit With Ethics Complaint On Day One
- Unity Soccer Cup Will Return To Philadelphia
- A Lesson In The Peaceful Transfer Of Power From John Adams And Thomas Jefferson
- Work Continues On Bridge Improvements Along Garden State Parkway