CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- New City Council Bill Could Impede Bike Lane Barriers
- Police Investigating 2 Church Burglaries In Upper Darby
- 18-Year-Old Father Accused Of Killing 5-Month-Old Daughter Over Video Game Frustrations
- Raymour & Flanigan Driver Killed By Falling Metal Conduit Inside Tunnel
- FCC Starts Clock On Net Neutrality Repeal, Faces Lawsuits
- New Mural Unveiled Honoring 19th Century Civil Rights Leader
- Mercy Hospital Begins New Expansion Project
- KYW GameChangers Honored At 6th Annual Awards Event
- 5th Grade Students Bring Women’s Black History To Life
- Doctors Find Surgical Sponges Left In Woman For At Least 6 Years