CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- New PLCB Rules Uncorking Controversy Among Area Restaurateurs
- Company Creates Crime-Fighting Robots
- Police: ATM Skimmers Found In Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery Counties
- CCP Partners With Kutztown University To Offer Core-To-Core Transfer
- Officers Help Man Tie His Tie For Job Interview
- Woman Seriously Injured After Struck By Vehicle In Northeast Philly
- Man Charged With Killing Temple Student Denies Harming Her
- Delaware Restaurant Responds After Woman’s Rant Over Veteran’s Service Dog
- Deaf Dog Displaced By Hurricane Irma Searching For Forever Home
- Study: 71 Percent Of Americans Think It’s OK To Friend Co-Workers On Facebook