CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Silent Philly Celebrating One Year Of ‘Quiet’ Parties
- Supreme Court Ruling On Casino Tax Worries Bensalem Leaders
- SEPTA Honors Its Largest Group Of Retirees Ever
- Man Arrested For Wearing ‘Plastic Wrap Bikini’ On NJ Beach
- NJ Officials Announce Traffic Altering Lane Changes On I-295 In Camden County
- 3 On Your Side: How To Make Your House More Appealing To Potential Buyers
- ‘Double Dipping’ Ends For Most Burlington County Government Workers
- Iconic ’80s Toy Bear Teddy Ruxpin Is Back
- The Krispy Kreme Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Doughnut
- Life In Prison For Sudanese Refugee Convicted In Stabbing Death Of Co-Worker At Montco Meat-Packing Plant