CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Philly U Student, Athlete, Award-Winning Entrepreneur
- Authorities: Man Found Shot In NJ, Dies En Route To Hospital
- NJ Woman Charged After Video Showing Cat Thrown From 3rd Floor
- Napoleon Dynamite & Pedro Reunite In New Burger King Commerical
- New Twist In Green Party’s Election Recount Efforts In Pennsylvania
- Fidel Castro Laid To Rest In Private Funeral
- Death Toll Rises In Oakland Warehouse Fire
- South Jersey HS Football Champs Congratulated By Superstar Alum
- Mummers Seek Inclusive Tone After Insensitive Displays
- Positively Philadelphia: Drone Dancing