CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Philly Unveils Patriotic-Themed Scrims At Center City Construction Sites
- DNC Delegates Start To Arrive In City Of Brotherly Love
- Clinton And Kaine Debut As Democratic Ticket In Florida
- As Heat Rises, Gas Prices Continue To Fall Across Nation
- Board Increases Tuition At Penn State University
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Philadelphia
- Trump To Visit Pennsylvania, In Middle Of DNC
- Political Scandals Linger As Philly Readies For DNC
- Hotel Staffs In Center City Brace For Flood Of Delegates
- Healthcare Workers Hold 1-Day Strike At Chestnut Hill Hospital