CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Police: 2 Officers Wounded, 1 Man Killed In DC Shooting
- Man Killed During Attempted Robbery In Chester
- 2 Injured, Including Police Officer After Massive Fire Rips Through Vineland Hotel
- Police Searching For Suspect Following Hit & Run In Kensington
- Philadelphia Muslim Man Donates More Than $100K To Jewish Cemetery After Headstones Vandalized
- Weather: Above Average Temperatures Continue, Dose Of February-Reality Ahead
- Camden School District Honors Alumni
- NJ Museum Event To Teach STEM…With A Little Fun
- City Council President Proposes Regulatory Reform To Make Philly More Business-Friendly
- Police: Man Assaults 60-Year-Old Mother With Pork Chop, Head-Butts Her