CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Police: Woman Steals Cab, Pretends To Be Taxi Driver
- Dream Drives: Free Year-Round Exploration At Scott Arboretum
- Mother Killed In Stabbing, Daughter In Critical Condition In South Philadelphia
- Sen. John McCain Had Aggressive Brain Tumor Surgically Removed
- Couple Who ‘Gifted’ Daughters To Man Sentenced Up To 7 Years In Prison
- From Sports Star To Inmate: OJ Simpson To Plead For Parole
- Board Of Judges To Select Interim DA
- Mother Charged Following Death Of 4-Year-Old Daughter
- Philadelphia Issues Code Red Heat Health Emergency
- 1 Injured After Plane Crashes In New Jersey