Young Mother Critical After Camden Shooting
CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Report: Woman Dies Of Natural Causes After Bucks County Hit-And-Run
- Motorcycles Roar Through Northeast Philly To Honor Fallen Female Firefighter
- Police: 2 New Jersey Officers Hit By Car, Injured
- Police: Man Armed With Broom Handle Tried To Rob Delaware Sports Bar
- Alleged Intruder Fatally Shot By Pa. Homeowner
- Pa. Attorney General Kane Files For Divorce From Husband Of 14 Years
- Dozens Of Muslims Hold Anti-Police Brutality Rally, March and Die-In In Center City
- Mummers Wear Green Ribbons, Lend Support To Shane Montgomery’s Family
- New Jersey Officials Pleading For Mercedes To Stay
- Insurers Dogged By Claims Of Slanted Sandy Reports