CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Tupac’s Mother, Afeni Shakur Davis, Dies At 69
- Johnson & Johnson Just Lost Another Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit
- New Jersey Inmate Escapes From Prison Weeks Before Parole
- Cousins Shot Overnight In North Philly, But Police Say Something Isn’t Adding Up
- Philadelphia Officers Get New ‘Reality-based’ Training On Deadly Force
- New Jersey Officials Look For Feedback On Later Start Times For Students
- Public To Get Rare Look Inside New Mormon Temple In Philadelphia
- Drivers Benefit From Philadelphia Parking App Wars
- Smart Meters Lead To Billing Changes For Some PECO Business Customers
- Say What? Biden, Trump To Attend Same Event In Philadelphia