CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Investigators: Jet That Crashed In New Jersey Was Late Turning
- Homeless Man Offered Home After Helping Manchester Bombing Victims
- Parts Of 3rd Street Closed In Old City Due To Water Main Issues
- San Francisco Theater Hosts ‘Rat Cafe’
- GOP Candidate Charged With Assaulting Reporter
- Robbery Suspect Arrested After Police Standoff At CVS In Media
- Philadelphia Police Headquarters To Move Into Old Inquirer Building
- Pennsylvania Woman Mysteriously Gets Class Ring Back After Losing It 42 Years Ago
- Video Captures Vandals Running On Top Of Cars In Philly
- Wrongful Convictions: An Expert Look At How They Happen