CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Church Van Driver Dies In Hit-And-Run In Kensington
- PA High School Yearbook Includes Quotes From Hitler, Stalin, ISIS
- What’s Cooking on 1060: Grilling The Perfect Burger
- PA Woman Becomes 1st U.S. Citizen To Contract Bacteria Resistant To ‘Last Resort’ Antibiotics
- What Song Is This Summer’s ‘Cheerleader?’
- Transgender Woman Claims Manager Removed Her From NJ McDonald’s Women’s Bathroom
- New Jersey Lawmakers Vote To Ban Smoking At Beaches, Parks
- Film Highlights Philly Woman’s Efforts To Save Food Stamp Benefits
- Christie Helps Charter Schools, Enraging NJ Teachers Union
- Man In Custody After Barricade Situation In Delaware County