CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Phila. Police Sergeant Hospitalized After Being Struck By Suspected Drunk Driver
- Police: 8-Year-Old Girl Critical, Caught In Crossfire In Camden Shooting
- Prince’s Paisley Park Home And Studio To Be Open To Public
- 3 Arrested For Triple Shooting In West Philadelphia
- Clinton Targets African-American Voters Who Already Support Her
- New Tool Helps PA Doctors Battle Patient Drug Abuse
- New FDA-Approved Lens Can Give People With Cataracts Their Natural Vision Back
- Destructive, Tree-Killing Beetle Discovered In Delaware
- Child Thanks Police With Lunch For ‘Kindness Day,’ Becomes Honorary Officer
- Union Boss ‘Johnny Doc’ Pens Letter To Members Amid FBI Investigation