Young Mother Critical After Camden Shooting
CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- New Jersey Man Sentenced For Sharing Child Porn Online
- Philly Beer Week Participants Drink For Local Charity
- Free Sensory Journey Through Arts and Sciences Offered On Eakins Oval
- Man Critically Injured In Southwest Philly Shooting
- Teenage Girl Shot, Seriously Wounded While Sitting In Car
- AAA Mid-Atlantic: New Jersey gas prices rise again
- With $34 Billion Budget At Stake, Pension Plays Central Role
- New Jersey Nuclear Plant To Test Sirens Tuesday
- World’s Largest Rubber Duck To Be Featured At Tall Ships Festival
- Wildwood Police Send Message To Parents With Public Service Announcements