CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Funeral Home Offers Flyers Fans Condolences After Playoff Elimination
- Monkey Can’t Sue For Selfie Copyright, Court Rules
- Burned Body Found In Bethlehem
- Police: Boy Riding Mini Bike With Mom’s Boyfriend Struck, Killed By Suspected DUI Driver
- Police: Person Of Interest In Nicetown Shooting Turns Himself In
- Police: Murder-Suicide Under Investigation In Bryn Mawr
- Police Investigating Robbery Spree In South Philly
- Spokesman: George HW Bush Hospitalized With Blood Infection
- South Jersey Twins Paving The Way For Cancer Research
- What Causes A Fire Tornado, Or ‘Firenado,’ To Form?