CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Restoration Work Begins To Fix Damaged Headstones In Wissinoming
- Philly Mayor Fires Back At AG Jeff Sessions On Sanctuary Cities
- NJ High School Student Accused Of Having ‘Kill List’
- Shooting Leaves Father In Critical Condition After He Confronts Son’s Suspected Robber
- Travelers Weigh In After Teens Wearing Leggings Are Barred From United Flight
- Police: Woman Leaving Work In Northern Liberties Apparent Target Of Sniper
- ‘Real-Life Boogeyman:’ New Victim Comes Forward In Bucks County Serial Child Rapist Case
- Police: Baseball-Sized Rock Thrown Through Synagogue’s Window
- In Executive Order, Trump To Dramatically Change US Approach To Climate Change
- Colbert Show Musician Honored For Outreach Work In Philly