Young Mother Critical After Camden Shooting
CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Camden Man To Be Tried As Adult In Fatal Party Shooting
- Miley Cyrus Returning To Philadelphia
- Jersey Shore’s Giant Wooden Elephant Needs Trunk Lift
- New Jersey Woman Driving On Highway Killed When Tree Falls On Her Car
- Swarthmore Student Dies In Fall In Wooded Section Of Campus
- Christie Taken To Task Over Political Use Of State Helicopter
- Takeaway From Papal Visit One Week Later
- Pennsylvanians Share Concerns About Pollution With EPA Officials
- Positively Philadelphia: Family Friendly Festival Taking Over Old City
- Man Struck By Two-By-Four During Tioga Home Invasion