CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Philadelphia Police Officers To Deliver Thanksgiving Meals To Families In Need
- Dog Attack Leaves Person Hospitalized
- SEPTA Urges Riders To Watch Their Step
- Eagles, James Taylor And His All-Star Band Announce 2018 Tour Stop In Philly
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’ Becomes Best Selling Album Of 2017 In Just One Week
- Former Drexel Neurologist Pleads Guilty To Groping 7 Women At Clinic
- After Death Of 8th Child, Ikea Relaunches Dresser Recall
- Kevin Hart and Eniko Parrish Welcome Baby
- Teachers Resign Due To Student Violence
- Suspect Arrested In Pennsylvania Police Officer Shooting