CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- FBI Reviewing New Emails In Clinton Probe
- Poll Of Sandy Victims On 4th Anniversary Of Superstorm Finds Continued Displeasure With NJ Recovery
- Nearly Half Of Women Report Harassment While Running
- Growing Public Rift At Top Of Christie Administration In NJ
- Multiple Hurt After Freight Trains Collide Head-On In Delco
- Facebook Unveils Halloween-Themed Emojis
- Philly Ranked Second Best Region To Bike In U.S.
- PA Turnpike Closed In Both Directions
- Landline Phone Customers In Montco Reconnected To 911
- Economist On Rising ACA Costs: You’re Going To Have ‘Riots’