Cole Hamels Could Go From The Mound To The Hill
Phillies CentralShop for Phillies Gear
Buy Phillies Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Phillies are down in Washington D.C. as they get set to take on the Nationals. Today, Cole Hamels spent some time at the Rayburn House Office Building for a special luncheon that honored the work of The Hamels Foundation and other charitable entities.
Hamels and his wife Heidi started the foundation to aid schools in America while also looking to build a school in Malawi, one of the poorest nations in Africa.
While attending the luncheon, Hamels spoke with TheHill.com who reported that the Phillies’ ace could go from the mound to “The Hill,” when his playing days are over. “There’s always possibilities. Never say never,” Hamels told TheHill.com when asked about his interest in becoming a congressman after baseball.
Hamels has obviously shown an ability to negotiate his way through some of the game’s best hitters. It will be interesting to see if he can get anything done on Capitol Hill.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Top 5 Theories After The Eagles’ First Loss, From 94WIP Callers
- Charlie Sheen Delivers $1,000 He Promised To PYT Waiter Stiffed By Shady
- Royals Beat A’s 9-8 In 12 In AL Wild-Card Thriller
- Simmonds Helps Flyers Beat Rangers 4-2
- NFL Spokesperson Admits Player Should Not Have Been Penalized For Religious Gesture