PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- The Marshmallow Test: What It Reveals About Our Children’s Future Success
- Woman Warning Others After Spotting Suspicious Item On Her Windshield
- GoFundMe Set Up To Save Disabled Woman’s New Jersey Home
- Astronomers Discover 7 Earth-Like Planets Orbiting Nearby Star
- Study: Cat Ownership Not Linked To Mental Health Problems