PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Sunken, 600-year-old Buddha Emerges From Water In China
- What Are The Odds? Mom, Dad, Son All Share Birthday
- Newborn Abducted From Hospital Found Alive 18 Years Later, Sheriff Says
- Smart Billboard Coughs If You Smoke Near It
- ‘Be Feminine And Lady-Like’: Parents Outraged Over High School’s Dating Assignment