PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Mother Livid Over TSA’s Rigorous Pat-Down Of Son At Airport
- Travelers Weigh In After Teens Wearing Leggings Are Barred From United Flight
- NJ Man’s 100th Birthday Wish Is To Return To Old Workplace
- Hot Baths May Have Similar Benefits As Working Out
- Report: Amazon Potentially Exploring Idea Of Furniture Stores