Report: Ship Found Underneath Ground Zero Probably Built In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Target Offering Free Shipping On All Holiday Items
- RHONJ’s Teresa Giudice Asks To Serve Term In Halfway House
- Penn Researchers Find Parents Can Be Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Movies
- More Americans Than Ever Plan To Dress Up For Halloween
- US Agency Warns More Than 4 Million Car Owners To Get Air Bags Fixed; Metal Fragments Can Fly Out When Bags Deployed