Report: Ship Found Underneath Ground Zero Probably Built In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Student From Philadelphia Area Stopped At Airport Over Arabic Flashcards Wins $25K
- Penn State Study Reveals Memory Might Be Even More Selective Than Previously Thought
- Study: Contraceptives Could Be Linked To Rare Brain Tumor
- 5 Members Of Bucks County Family Facing Charges For $20 Million Insurance Fraud
- Reports: Google Planning To Sell Wireless Phone Service