PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Family Says They’re Optimistic Of Ridge’s Full Recovery
- Della Reese, Of TV’s “Touched By An Angel,” Dies At 86
- Uber Teams With MADD To Offer Free Rides On Thanksgiving Eve
- Actor Jeffrey Tambor Doesn’t See How He Can Return To ‘Transparent’ Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Italian Court Rules Woman Can Get Paid Leave For Taking Care Of Sick Dog