Report: Ship Found Underneath Ground Zero Probably Built In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Health: When Is The Best Time To Drink Coffee?
- Study: Get A Degree Before Getting Hitched To Keep The Weight Off
- Some Delaware County Restaurants Rushing To Get Liquor Licenses Before Outdoor Event
- Research Suggests Some Women Have “Cheating Gene”
- Tracy Morgan Settles Suit With Wal-Mart Over Fatal Crash