PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- More Than 20 People Hospitalized After Flash Fire At Texas Plant
- First Lady, Melania Trump, Returns To White House Following Kidney Procedure
- Local Families, Corgis Celebrated Royal Wedding At Watch Parties
- Melmark Host Annual Dream Maker’s Ball At The Bellevue
- ShopRite Honors Veterans In Camden And Gloucester Counties