‘Donut Cheesesteak Burger’ Makes Philadelphia Debut
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) –This takes the Donut Burger to a whole new level.
The Donut Cheesesteak Burger straight from the kitchen of Northern Liberties’ PYT made its Philadelphia debut on Tuesday.
“We just fired it up today and it was super delicious,” said Tommy Up, owner of PYT.
The Donut Cheesesteak Burger is just the latest offering from PYT, which is already known in the city for its rotating selection of creative burgers. The restaurant previously sold a Szechuan Lamb Burger sandwiched between buns made of sticky rice and the Donut Burger held together by two halves of a glazed donut.
The Donut Cheesesteak Burger consists of a glazed donut split in half and grilled. Next, the beef patty is added and topped with cheddar. Then add the Philly cheesesteak — a “Whiz Wit” — topped with cheese whiz and fried onions.
“We put it out on Facebook and about an hour later people were coming in an asking for it,” Up said.
Up says the Donut Cheesesteak Burger will be on the menu for the next two weeks.
“There’s always a possibility we’ll keep it around, it will definitely be up to our customers and fans. If they really like it, there’s also a possibility to go on our permanent menu,” Up said.
PYT is located on North Hancock Street at the Piazza in Northern Liberties.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Study Claims Key To Fighting Drug-resistant Bacteria Could Be On Top Of Your Pancakes
- Study: Is Milk Associated With A Higher Mortality Rate?
- Gov. Christie On Bridgegate: ‘If They Want To Subpoena Me, That’s Fine’
- Travel To Cuba Getting Easier In Our Area After Airline Announces Start Of Flights To The Island
- Study: Diabetes Could Cause Signs Of Aging, Cognitive Decline In Brain