BUFFALO, NY (CBS) – From color runs to crazy obstacle courses, themed runs are all the rage across the country.
But the Better Business Bureau is warning runners to “do their homework” before participating in any 5K race or similar event.
Apparently, the organization has been receiving complaints about various “fun runs” that have been canceled with short notice. Often, those who signed up aren’t refunded, the BBB says, citing two recently canceled Dirty Girl Mud Runs in West Virginia and Buffalo, as well as another called off fun run in Cleveland.
If you’re thinking about running in a themed race, the BBB urges you to take several precautions:
-Do your research
-Understand the terms and conditions
-Check the local venue
-Pay with a credit card
-Keep documentation of your order
-Check out the charity
For more information on the BBB’s warning, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Sleeping In Doubles Risk Of Dementia, Study Suggests
- SpaceX To Fly Two Space Tourists Around The Moon In 2018
- Remember The First Phone You Owned? The Nokia 3310 Is Back
- Ice Cream Plant Worker Sues Company After Having Fingers Amputated Due To Frostbite
- Police: Man Bites Wife In Face After Argument Over Potato Chips