ROBBINSVILLE, N.J. (AP) — The world’s biggest online retailer has shipped its first order from its new distribution center in New Jersey.
The Interplak All-In-One Sonic Water Jet was sent from Robbinsville to an Amazon customer in New York.
Amazon.com says it expects to employ more than 1,000 full-time employees at the 1-million-square-foot center just outside of Trenton.
As part of a deal with the state, the Seattle-based retailer will be eligible for state economic assistance grants totaling millions of dollars on its investment, which is expected to exceed $200 million.
Amazon.com Inc., in turn, agreed to collect 7 percent sales tax on purchases made in New Jersey starting in July 2013.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police Identify Woman Stabbed To Death In Park Behind High School
- Philadelphia Deputy Commissioner Testifies In Seth Williams Trial
- Police Searching For Driver Who Sped Through Crime Scene, Nearly Hitting Several Officers
- Police Seek To Identify Man’s Body Washed Up On Beach
- Supreme Court Allows Parts Of Trump’s Travel Ban To Go Into Effect