ATLANTIC CITY (CBS) — An investigation by the New Jersey State Police Casino Gaming Bureau resulted in the arrest of five suspects in connection with an armed robbery at Caesars Hotel and Casino.
The suspects, identified as Dwayne Morgan, 20, of Pleasantville, Izyiah Plummer, 19, of Atlantic City, Monique Kelly, 19, of Pleasantville, Aaron Evans, 23, of Pleasantville, and Lance Rogers, 20, of Atlantic City, were arrested over the past several days.
On July 21, two men wearing masks robbed security personnel at gunpoint of two boxes containing money from inside the casino. The suspects then fled in a dark-colored sedan.
Following up on leads, detectives obtained search warrants for residences in Atlantic City and Pleasantville. Investigators recovered a large portion of the money and some clothing believed to have been worn by the suspects during the crime.
Authorities say each of the individuals arrested have charges ranging from robbery, aggravated assault, weapons offenses and receiving stolen property.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Rittenhouse Square Shooting Prompts Public Safety Meeting
- Ride-Sharing Legislation Passes PA Senate, Opens Door For Uber, Lyft In Philadelphia
- New Jersey State Trooper Rescues Drowning Deer From Swimming Pool
- Human Relations Commission To Hear Testimony On Racism In Philly’s ‘Gayborhood’
- Police: Homes Near Sen. Pat Toomey’s Vandalized With Anti-GOP Messages