PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to a salary survey on CareerBuilder.com, asking your boss for a raise actually works. Well, most of the time.
The research says that 56 percent of employees have never asked for a raise, but those workers who did ask had a success rate of 66 percent.
The success rate is pretty much the same for male and female workers, but women are reportedly less likely to ask for a raise compared to men.
To see the full survey, click here.
Did you ever ask your employer for a raise? Tell us on the CBS Philly Facebook page.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 98-Year-Old Man Spends His Birthday Becoming A Construction Worker
- The Pod Hotel Will Be Philly’s First-Ever Micro-Hotel
- Golfing Gets Physical When Goose Levels High School Athlete
- Joe Biden Talks Public Service, Leadership At St. Joseph’s University
- New York Times Questions If Eagles Will Visit Trump White House After Super Bowl Victory