PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to a salary survey on CareerBuilder.com, asking your boss for a raise actually works. Well, most of the time.
The research says that 56 percent of employees have never asked for a raise, but those workers who did ask had a success rate of 66 percent.
The success rate is pretty much the same for male and female workers, but women are reportedly less likely to ask for a raise compared to men.
To see the full survey, click here.
Did you ever ask your employer for a raise? Tell us on the CBS Philly Facebook page.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Company That Owns Kay & Jared Jewelry Chains Hit With Allegations Of Rampant Discrimination
- Face-Biter Said He Fled Demon-Like Figure Named ‘Daniel’ Before Killings
- Taco Truck Serves Highway Lunch For Stranded Seattle Drivers
- New Zealand Offering Free Trip For Qualified Techies
- 99-Year-Old Woman Crosses ‘Get Arrested’ Off Her Bucket List