PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to a salary survey on CareerBuilder.com, asking your boss for a raise actually works. Well, most of the time.
The research says that 56 percent of employees have never asked for a raise, but those workers who did ask had a success rate of 66 percent.
The success rate is pretty much the same for male and female workers, but women are reportedly less likely to ask for a raise compared to men.
To see the full survey, click here.
Did you ever ask your employer for a raise? Tell us on the CBS Philly Facebook page.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Delaware Restaurant Responds After Woman’s Rant Over Veteran’s Service Dog
- Study: 71 Percent Of Americans Think It’s OK To Friend Co-Workers On Facebook
- Montia Sabbag Claims She’s Not Trying To Extort Kevin Hart
- Facebook Gives $1 Million To Help Victims Of Mexico Earthquake
- Dog Found Neglected In Rhode Island Finds New Foster Home