Police Investigate Substance Found In Spring Garden
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are working to identify a substance found inside a property in Philadelphia’s Spring Garden neighborhood Tuesday.
The call came in just before 6 p.m. at 9th and Spring Garden Streets.
The bomb squad responded almost immediately because it was initially thought to be a HAZMAT situation.
CBS 3 has learned investigators found a pressure cooker and some piping. But it turns out the substance found in the pressure cooker and with that piping was not illegal.
Investigators say they also found some organic substance growing on the second floor.
Police are saying nothing illegal at this point has been found.
Police are sending some of the substance to the crime lab to determine exactly what was found.
No arrests were made.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- 1 Reportedly Dead In Darby Township House Fire
- Police: Teen Shot In Foot In West Philadelphia
- Lawyer: Mumia Abu-Jamal Hospitalized For Unknown Reason
- Jury Awards $38.5 Million-Plus In Fatal Shooting At Plant In Northeast Philadelphia
- Girlfriend Of Slain Darby Borough Police Officer Charged For Prior Domestic-related Incident