WILMINGTON, Del., (CBS) — Delaware State Police are investigating the death of a person whose a body was found in a wooded area behind a store Tuesday afternoon.
The discovery was made around 2:30 p.m. behind the BJ’s Wholesale Club in the 2100 block of Kirkwood Highway, west of Elsmere.
Police say a landscaper working working near the wooded area behind the store found the body.
According to police, preliminary investigation indicated that the unidentified, partially clothed body was found about 200 feet into the wooded area. The age or gender of the remains has not been determined at this time.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death, and for positive identification.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Crimes Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 Extension #9. Information can also be provided to the Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com. Send an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword “DSP.”
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Subway To Close Hundreds Of Stores In US
- Cosby Accuser: I Was Bracing Myself For Another Mistrial
- Temple University Considers Rescinding Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree Following Guilty Verdict
- Guilty Verdict: What’s Next For Bill Cosby?
- Enjoy The Bay As Cape May–Lewes Ferry Officials Offer Tourism Experience