Police: Body Found In Wooded Area Behind Delaware Store
WILMINGTON, Del., (CBS) — Delaware State Police are investigating the death of a person whose a body was found in a wooded area behind a store Tuesday afternoon.
The discovery was made around 2:30 p.m. behind the BJ’s Wholesale Club in the 2100 block of Kirkwood Highway, west of Elsmere.
Police say a landscaper working working near the wooded area behind the store found the body.
According to police, preliminary investigation indicated that the unidentified, partially clothed body was found about 200 feet into the wooded area. The age or gender of the remains has not been determined at this time.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death, and for positive identification.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Crimes Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 Extension #9. Information can also be provided to the Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com. Send an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword “DSP.”
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Proposed Legislation Enhances Freight Rail Safety From Hazardous Chemicals
- Phila. LGBT Leaders Urge Charter Change To Make City’s LGBT Office Permanent
- PATCO Tweaking Plan To Rehab Train Tracks Across Ben Franklin Bridge
- Local Doctor Discusses The Difference Between D.O. And M.D.
- Police: Woman Attacked, Killed In Philadelphia