DARBY, Pa., (CBS) — Going to the prom is a rite of passage for many high school students.
It’s something the Mayor of Darby Borough never got to do — until today.
During an interview with student Da’Shawn Jenifer, Mayor Helen Thomas said she never went to her prom.
Jenifer, along with campers and staff of the Fresh Start Program, decided to organize the event for her.
Mayor Thomas thought she was attending an award ceremony for the Police Chief of Darby, but instead, she received the surprise of a lifetime.
“I was surprised. I feel grateful, I feel very humbled right now,” Mayor Thomas said.
CBS 3 is told the Darby Police Chief also sent her a limousine to take her to the prom.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- ‘Very Unattractive’ People Can Earn More Than Attractive Co-Workers, Study Finds
- Instagram Now Allows Users To Share Up To 10 Photos In One Post
- Former Penn State Basketball Player To Play Chewbacca In New Han Solo Spin Off
- Intense Exercise Could Lower Man’s Libido, Study Finds
- Mother Will Give Birth To Terminally Ill Baby To Donate Organs