DARBY, Pa., (CBS) — Going to the prom is a rite of passage for many high school students.
It’s something the Mayor of Darby Borough never got to do — until today.
During an interview with student Da’Shawn Jenifer, Mayor Helen Thomas said she never went to her prom.
Jenifer, along with campers and staff of the Fresh Start Program, decided to organize the event for her.
Mayor Thomas thought she was attending an award ceremony for the Police Chief of Darby, but instead, she received the surprise of a lifetime.
“I was surprised. I feel grateful, I feel very humbled right now,” Mayor Thomas said.
CBS 3 is told the Darby Police Chief also sent her a limousine to take her to the prom.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Snapchat Video Of Woman Venting About Kohl’s Cash Goes Viral
- University Of Connecticut President: Campus Police Will Not Enforce Immigration Laws
- Study: Videos Games Prove Beneficial For Surgeons
- IKEA To Gives Employees Up To 4 Months Paid Parental Leave
- Muslim Restaurant To Feed Homeless And Elderly For Free On Christmas