TRENTON, N.J. (CBS) – According to the Mercy County Prosecutor, a Trenton man was sentenced to 28 years in prison for an incident involving kidnapping and sexual assault back in May 2012.
In January 2014, 20-year-old Dante Picott pleaded guilty to the 10-count indictment charging him with kidnapping, robbery and several aggravated sexual assault offenses. At that time, Picott admitted to choking and punching the victim until she was unconscious and dragging her behind a row of bushes and sexually assaulting her and stealing her keys in an attempt to take her money.
The incident occurred on May 2, 2012.
The victim was taken to the hospital where DNA evidence was taken. Laboratory tests revealed the DNA matched Picott.
Surveillance video outside an apartment building captured the brutal assault and a search of his home found clothes and shoes that matched the description in the video.
The prosecutor has credited the Special Victims Unit and the Trenton Police Department for the investigation leading to Picott’s arrest.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Roy Halladay’s Son Gets Standing Ovation After Tossing Perfect Inning
- Community Groups Propose Temple Build Football Stadium In Rittenhouse Square
- WEATHER BLOG: Bracing For Nor’easter #4
- Powerball Jackpot Ticket Worth $457M Sold In Pennsylvania
- Wild Start To March Madness, But No Surprises For Nova Nation