Overnight Storms Cause Serious Damage Throughout Area
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Heavy storms in the overnight hours wreaked havoc all throughout the region, causing plenty of damage along the way.
Lightning is suspected in a fire that destroyed a building at Paradise Farm Club in East Bradford, Chester County.
Employees on the camp grounds tell CBS3 Eyewitness News they heard roars of thunder all night and saw a huge bolt of lightning strike at 1:15 a.m.
The Camp’s President and CEO, Andy Schaum, says a young camper staying overnight got up to go to the bathroom and first saw the fire.
No injuries were reported.
Lightning is also suspected in an overnight fire that damaged a water tower in Camden, New Jersey located at Copewood and Davis Streets.
Fire crews arrived just after 2:30 am and had the situation under control within the hour.
The storm left an impact in Medford, Burlington County too.
Residents at a home on the unit block of Christopher Mills Drive escaped serious injury after a tree fell through the roof and into their bedroom.
Fire officials say no one was injured. The local building inspecter has been called to the scene.
Firefighters also rescued a young woman whose vehicle was partially submerged in Pottstown, Montgomery County.
Authorities say she drove her car into standing water on West High Street near the railroad overpass overnight
Two firefighters walked out and carried the woman to dry land. She wasn’t hurt but her car suffered water damage.
- Landmarks Locally, Worldwide Go Dark For ‘Earth Hour’
- Police: Stabbing Leaves 1 Rutgers Student Injured, 1 Charged
- Trooper Wounded In Pa. Barracks Ambush Hopes To Return To Force
- Man Shot Dead Inside North Philly Home
- Off-Duty Police Officer Fatally Shot In Delco Home
- Police Charge Teen Accused Of Fatally Stabbing Mother In Bridesburg
- Man Critical After West Philly Stabbing
- Sestak Ends Journey Across State As Part Of US Senate Bid
- Oyster Creek Nuclear Plant Restarted After Repairs Completed
- Police: On-Duty Philadelphia Officer Arrested For DUI, Assault