Overnight Storms Cause Serious Damage Throughout Area
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Heavy storms in the overnight hours wreaked havoc all throughout the region, causing plenty of damage along the way.
Lightning is suspected in a fire that destroyed a building at Paradise Farm Club in East Bradford, Chester County.
Employees on the camp grounds tell CBS3 Eyewitness News they heard roars of thunder all night and saw a huge bolt of lightning strike at 1:15 a.m.
The Camp’s President and CEO, Andy Schaum, says a young camper staying overnight got up to go to the bathroom and first saw the fire.
No injuries were reported.
Lightning is also suspected in an overnight fire that damaged a water tower in Camden, New Jersey located at Copewood and Davis Streets.
Fire crews arrived just after 2:30 am and had the situation under control within the hour.
The storm left an impact in Medford, Burlington County too.
Residents at a home on the unit block of Christopher Mills Drive escaped serious injury after a tree fell through the roof and into their bedroom.
Fire officials say no one was injured. The local building inspecter has been called to the scene.
Firefighters also rescued a young woman whose vehicle was partially submerged in Pottstown, Montgomery County.
Authorities say she drove her car into standing water on West High Street near the railroad overpass overnight
Two firefighters walked out and carried the woman to dry land. She wasn’t hurt but her car suffered water damage.
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Pres. Obama, VP Biden Coming to Philadelphia This Week
- Suspect Accused Of Lewd Act In South Jersey Wawa Parking Lot Arrested
- Camden County Declares ‘Code Blue’ For Homeless
- Person Reportedly Struck By Train Along SEPTA’s Market-Frankford Line
- In Philadelphia and Elsewhere, Salted Roads Means Trip to the Car Wash For Many Motorists
- Philadelphia Police Takedown of Store Robber Goes Viral, Generating Positive Community Response
- Water Ice Oasis: Philadelphia-based Rita’s Expanding To The Middle East
- Two N.J. Congressmen Renew Push for Legalized Sports Betting in Garden State
- A Philadelphia Charter School Helping Its Students Navigate High School Choices
- Study: Does Your Zip Code Affect How Much You Pay For Car Insurance?