PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Heavy storms in the overnight hours wreaked havoc all throughout the region, causing plenty of damage along the way.
Lightning is suspected in a fire that destroyed a building at Paradise Farm Club in East Bradford, Chester County.
Employees on the camp grounds tell CBS3 Eyewitness News they heard roars of thunder all night and saw a huge bolt of lightning strike at 1:15 a.m.
The Camp’s President and CEO, Andy Schaum, says a young camper staying overnight got up to go to the bathroom and first saw the fire.
No injuries were reported.
Lightning is also suspected in an overnight fire that damaged a water tower in Camden, New Jersey located at Copewood and Davis Streets.
Fire crews arrived just after 2:30 am and had the situation under control within the hour.
The storm left an impact in Medford, Burlington County too.
Residents at a home on the unit block of Christopher Mills Drive escaped serious injury after a tree fell through the roof and into their bedroom.
Fire officials say no one was injured. The local building inspecter has been called to the scene.
Firefighters also rescued a young woman whose vehicle was partially submerged in Pottstown, Montgomery County.
Authorities say she drove her car into standing water on West High Street near the railroad overpass overnight
Two firefighters walked out and carried the woman to dry land. She wasn’t hurt but her car suffered water damage.
- Educators, Researchers Discuss Ways To Improve Quality And Access To Pre-K Education
- AP Source: Christie Expected To End 2016 White House Bid
- Love Park Ready For Renovation
- Dozens Of Students Report Symptoms Of Stomach Infection At Ursinus College
- Study: Canines Have Their Own Howling Dialect
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Animal Rescue Spread “Puppy Love” Through Social Media
- Owed $170M By Atlantic City, Borgata Skipping $7.2M Tax Payment
- Dunkin’ Donuts Accused Of Taxing Non-Taxable Items
- Camden County High School Coach Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Player
- Some Say Beyoncé’s Halftime Show Was An Attack On Police Officers