Overnight Storms Cause Serious Damage Throughout Area
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Heavy storms in the overnight hours wreaked havoc all throughout the region, causing plenty of damage along the way.
Lightning is suspected in a fire that destroyed a building at Paradise Farm Club in East Bradford, Chester County.
Employees on the camp grounds tell CBS3 Eyewitness News they heard roars of thunder all night and saw a huge bolt of lightning strike at 1:15 a.m.
The Camp’s President and CEO, Andy Schaum, says a young camper staying overnight got up to go to the bathroom and first saw the fire.
No injuries were reported.
Lightning is also suspected in an overnight fire that damaged a water tower in Camden, New Jersey located at Copewood and Davis Streets.
Fire crews arrived just after 2:30 am and had the situation under control within the hour.
The storm left an impact in Medford, Burlington County too.
Residents at a home on the unit block of Christopher Mills Drive escaped serious injury after a tree fell through the roof and into their bedroom.
Fire officials say no one was injured. The local building inspecter has been called to the scene.
Firefighters also rescued a young woman whose vehicle was partially submerged in Pottstown, Montgomery County.
Authorities say she drove her car into standing water on West High Street near the railroad overpass overnight
Two firefighters walked out and carried the woman to dry land. She wasn’t hurt but her car suffered water damage.
- Comcast Admits Billing Errors, Says Affected Customers Being Credited
- New York Man Arrested In Connection With Crash That Killed 3 Council Rock Students
- Mummers Add a Second Parade, Through Manayunk, Around Mardi Gras
- PSPCA: 62 Small Dogs And Puppies Rescued From Home In Lancaster Co.
- Back to Death Row for Philadelphia Man Who Avoided 2012 Execution
- Obama’s Decision to Normalize Relations With Cuba is ‘Huge,’ Says Local Man
- 2 Suspects Arrested In Philadelphia For Allegedly Committing Multiple Robberies In One Day
- SEPTA, In Federal Court, Defends Decision Not To Run Anti-Islam Bus Ads
- Police Take Man With Semi-Automatic Rifle In North Philly Into Custody
- Phila. Traffic Judge Pleads Guilty in Another Corruption Case