Delaware Bans Minors From Tanning Beds
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- ‘Real Housewives’ Star Accused Of Shoplifting
- Study: Men Who Became Dads Before Age 22 Have Shorter Lifespans
- Toy-maker Company To Sell “Cecil The Lion” Beanie Baby To Raise Funds For Animal Conservation
- Bobbi Kristina Brown To Be Buried Next To Mother In New Jersey
- Cops: Man Buys Car After Taking $150,000 Left By ATM Workers