Delaware Bans Minors From Tanning Beds
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Study: About 21 Percent Of High School Girls Have Been Assaulted By Someone They Dated
- Study: Suicide Rates Among Middle-Aged Adults Have Sharply Increased
- Facebook Introduces New Feature To Help Prevent Suicide
- Internet Activists Use Grumpy Cat In Aerial Jab At Comcast
- Pa. Among Top 10 States With The Worst Taxes For The Average American