Delaware Bans Minors From Tanning Beds
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Owner Charged After 2 Donkeys Found Dumped Off The Road In New Jersey
- Lyft Gets Pa. Regulatory Nod…Except In Philly
- New Monmouth University Poll Finds ‘Deep Racial Divide’ On Alleged Racism In The Judicial Process
- Report: NJ Among States Least-prepared For Outbreaks
- Survey: E-Cigarettes Surpass Regular Cigs In Teen Use