Delaware Bans Minors From Tanning Beds
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Swiped Painting Of Jesus Returned To Pa. Restaurant With Note Apologizing For ‘Drunken Mistake’
- Berks County Native Taylor Swift Tops Fortune’s List Of World’s Greatest Female Leaders
- Study: Power Naps Significantly Improve Memory Performance
- Philly Makes Forbes List Of The Most Overpriced Cities
- Coffee Chain Offering Limited-time Birthday Cake Frappuccino