PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Kevin Hart Spills About Cheating On Pregnant Wife
- Is It A Gimmick? Experts Explore The Strategy Behind ‘Free Shipping’
- Will Smith Officially Joins Instagram And Already Racks Up Over 1 Million Followers
- Judge Temporarily Blocks New Trump Rules On Birth Control
- Gunman Fires Wildly During Car Chase Through Baltimore