PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Research Suggests Dogs Can Sense When We’re Being Mean
- Pop-Tarts Pop Up Restaurant Announced
- Powerball Ticket Worth $1 Million Sold In South Philadelphia
- Report: Odds Children Convicted Of Crime Later In Life Rise Significantly With More TV They Watch
- Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart Amid Child Sex Storm