PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Employee Is Suing His Boss Because His Job Was Too Boring
- Friendship Is More Powerful Than Morphine, Study Finds
- Hulk Hogan Has Brought Second Lawsuit Against Gawker
- Businesses Offer Deals For Teacher Appreciation Week
- Lawsuit Says Starbucks’ Iced Drinks Have Too Much Ice