PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Tina Fey Makes Surprise Visit To Her Former High School In Upper Darby
- Man Crashes Into Storefront, Then Goes To Haircut Appointment Next Door
- Several Women Accuse Actor Morgan Freeman Of Harassment, Inappropriate Behavior
- Monmouth Beach Approves Ban On Plastic Straws, Bags
- Authorities: Priest Catches Couple Having Sex At Church