Delaware Bans Minors From Tanning Beds
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Do Mosquitoes Love You? Study Claims It’s Because Of Your DNA
- Lottery Ticket Worth More Than $900K Sold In Berks County
- Pa. Manure Show’s Slogan Contest Gets Pile Of Entries
- 2 Companies Offering Free Pretzels This Weekend
- Local Mom-Turned-Author: Have The ‘Tech Talk’ Before The ‘Sex Talk’