PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Man Sues Airline, Claims Fellow Passenger Urinated On Him
- Ex-Postal Service Supervisor Admits Stealing $15,700 In Cash
- 2 Admit Roles In $24 Million Benefits Scheme Targeting Veterans
- People Flocking To Farm To See Over 1,300-Pound Pumpkin
- Harvey Weinstein Off Weinstein Company Board Of Directors