PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Philadelphia Ranks Among Worst Cities For Valentine’s Day
- ‘Harry Potter Part 8’ Set For Summer Release
- Burger King’s Next Conquest: Hot Dog King
- Philadelphia’s Love Park, Iconic Statue Ready For Renovation
- Study: Canines Have Their Own Howling Dialect