PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Driver Uses Cardboard Trump Head In Carpool Lane
- Fan Drops Ring During Televised Yankee Stadium Engagement
- Study Finds Link Between Happy Spouses And Health
- Researchers: Roller Coasters Could Help Pass Kidney Stones
- Official: It’s Smart Phones, Not Coffee, Distracting Drivers