PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Natalie Portman: Trump’s Victory Has Energized People ‘In A New Way’
- Muslim Comedian Sits Next To Eric Trump On Flight, Asks About Muslim Rights
- Leon Panetta: I Like ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis ‘A Lot’
- Man Charged With Burglary After Being Stuck In Pizzeria Vent
- Parts Of Hawaii Could See Up To Foot Of Snow