PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Hospice Worker’s Cover Of Adele Hit Goes Viral
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Philadelphia
- Study: Harry Potter Fans More Likely To Dislike Donald Trump
- New Prince George Photos Released On Young Royal’s Third Birthday
- Study: Cinnamon Can Make You A Better Learner