Delaware Bans Minors From Tanning Beds
CBS Philly (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSPhilly.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSPhilly.com/Health
Get Breaking News First
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Home Depot Says Malware Affected 56M Payment Cards
- Philadelphia Murder Suspect Wears ‘Crime Pays’ T-shirt To Court
- Dog Found In Oregon Heading Back To Pennsylvania
- Police: Lonely Pa. Man Made Repeated 911 Calls
- Dog Missing From Philadelphia Area Found In Oregon