PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- New Technology Helping Mothers Make Friends
- Eagles Offensive Lineman Responds To Fan’s Wedding Invitation
- More Big Brands Pull Ads From Youtube In Widening Boycott
- Germany’s Haribo To Produce Gummy Bears In USA
- Principal Forces Students To Run Outside In Cold Weather For Wearing Wrong Uniform, Report Says