PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Lawmaker Wants To End Junk Food-Related School Fundraisers
- Taco Bell To Start Selling Beer, Frozen Alcoholic Drinks At Select Locations
- Heineken Just Schooled Pepsi On Ads That Tackle Social Issues
- Boy, 11, Saves Mom By Stabbing Intruder
- Swimming Pool Manufacturing Worker Killed After Being Trapped Under 1,200-Pound Mold