PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Southwest Representative Live-Tweets NCAA Game For Air Passenger Who Had WiFi Issue
- United Airlines Changes Pet Shipping Program
- Royal Couple Reveals Flavor Of Their Wedding Cake
- Pennsylvania Couple Ties The Knot In Walmart’s Garden Center
- Study Looks To Find If Obesity Robs The Tongue Of Taste Buds