PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- These Clothes Can Wirelessly Charge Your Phone
- Is California Sitting On The Solution To Its Drought?
- 9 Of America’s Best Beer Gardens
- These Billboards Will Target You As You Drive By
- Barnes & Noble To Serve Beer & Wine