Delaware Bans Minors From Tanning Beds
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Weight Loss Apps Can Help Kids Make Healthier Food Choices
- Report: Blueberry Extract May Help Prevent Gum Disease
- McDonald’s Will Launch All Day Breakfast Next Month
- Study: Pot More A Habit For College Students Than Cigarettes
- Study: Lack Of Sleep Linked To The Common Cold