PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Why Some Are Stealing Medications From Their Pets
- Mark Zuckerberg Gives Pope Francis A Drone
- University Says ‘Stop White People’ Event Was ‘Ironic’
- Possibly World’s Biggest Pearl Found Under A Bed
- Harambe Memes Prompt Cincinnati Zoo To Delete Twitter Accounts