PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Teens in Delaware will no longer be able to tan inside a facility.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill Monday that bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds in a salon, even if they have their parents’ permission.
The bill is aimed at reducing teens’ risk for melanoma.
It also forces tanning salons to post warning signs about the health risks from using indoor tanning beds.
The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Dress Like A Cow, Get Free Chicken
- Where Are The Rudest Drivers In America?
- Arizona Mom Delivers Baby On Plane, Gets Free Flights For 21 Years
- Man Sits In Jail When Drywall Powder Is Mistaken For Cocaine
- Iowa Photographer Using Green Screen To Offer Unique Senior Portraits