Unexpected Guilty Plea In Sex Trafficking Case
By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — There was a surprise guilty plea in federal court this past week as a 30-year-old Chester man pleaded guilty to sex trafficking charges as the trial was about to begin. A co-defendant also pleaded guilty earlier in this case of prostitution and violence.
Defendant Christian Dior Womack, using the street name Gucci Prada, has admitted to sex trafficking involving three women, including a minor he met just before she turned 17.
Prosecutor Michelle Morgan says, “He posted her photographs and caused her to engage in sexual activity with multiple men at that location. He provided that hotel room for her and paid for that hotel and benefited from her activity.”
Morgan told the court evidence against Womack would have included testimony of the victims.
The government alleged in earlier filings the defendants threatened to kill the victims and used violence to force compliance.
Both defendants are now awaiting sentencing.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Moderator Tells Main Line Students NFL Will Not Like The Upcoming Movie, ‘Concussion’
- Daycare Apologizes After Employees Are Charged For Encouraging Children To Fight
- Steakhouse To Open At SugarHouse Casino As Part Of Expansion Project
- Secret Service Announces List Of Prohibited Items For Papal Visit
- Former Student Faces Criminal Charge Following Nude Photo Scandal