STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS/AP) — State Police say two women were killed and six others, including four children, were injured when a car and a pickup truck collided on the Garden State Parkway in southern New Jersey.
It wasn’t immediately clear what caused the crash, which occurred around 2:45 p.m. Saturday near milemarker 63.6 in a southbound lane of the highway in Stafford Township, Ocean County.
State police say the two women killed in the crash were in the front seat of the car. They were pronounced dead at the scene.
A boy and girl in the car’s back seat suffered serious injuries and were flown by helicopter to AC Medical Center.
A woman in the pickup was treated at Ocean County Hospital for minor injuries. Three other people in the truck — a man, a boy and a girl — were taken to the hospital for observation.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Pup Released, Received Free Medical Care After Being Found In Trash Bag In Lawncrest
- Expert Explains: If You Want To Talk Politics, Be Informed
- Weather: Warm Temperatures Continue, Major Rain Ahead
- Pot Smokers ‘Toke Back The Wall’ In Rittenhouse Square
- Woman Claims She Suffered Hundreds Of Bedbug Bites In Bahamas