TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) — A southern New Jersey drug dealer who admitted selling a man heroin that led to his fatal overdose has learned his fate.
Ocean County prosecutors say 23-year-old Rasan McGee of Atlantic City received a six-year prison term when he was sentenced Friday.
McGee had pleaded guilty in May to manslaughter and drug distribution charges stemming from the April 2013 death of Steven Janson, a 26-year-old Barnegat Township resident who was found unresponsive in his car. Police found four bags used for heroin inside the vehicle.
Investigators learned that Janson had driven to Atlantic City to buy heroin the day before he died. A subsequent investigation uncovered evidence that led to McGee’s arrest.
Besides the manslaughter sentence, McGee also received three separate four-year concurrent terms for drug distribution and violating probation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- The First Handwritten Draft Of The Constitution On Display In Philadelphia
- Police: Mother Killed, Father & Son Injured In South Philadelphia Hit & Run
- Woman Struck By Vehicle Fleeing Chick Fil A Drive Thru
- Clinton Picks Kaine, But Was It Political Or Strategic?
- NJ Girls Soccer Team Competes For National Championship In Texas