WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) – A graduate student at the University of Delaware has been arrested for allegedly putting hidden video cameras in various campus bathrooms over a two-year period.
Thirty-eight-year-old Javier Mendiola-Soto, of Mexico, was charged with criminal violation of privacy for reportedly putting the cameras in several bathrooms around the University. The majority of the cameras were in women’s restrooms located at Del. Biotechnology Institute, Hugh Morris Library, Memorial Hall, ISE Lab and the Willard Hall Education Building. The cameras were apparently placed in the bathrooms between May 2012 and June 2014.
Video evidence confiscated by police and initial forensics show the files have not been shared on the internet or with other people.
Anyone with additional information about this case is encouraged to contact University of Delaware Police at 302-831-2222 or send email to UDPrivacy@udel.edu.
Anyone who thinks they may have been a victim is asked to call 302-831-4800. Free counseling is also available.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philly Has 2nd Snowiest March On Record; More Chances For Snow This Month?
- Sheriff’s Officer Accuses Punxsutawney Phil Of Deception
- One Dead In France Supermarket Hostage Situation
- Study: ‘Face Yoga’ Can Make Middle-Aged Women Look Younger
- Dump Truck Fire Snarling Traffic On Pa. Turnpike WB In Upper Moreland Township