WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) – A graduate student at the University of Delaware has been arrested for allegedly putting hidden video cameras in various campus bathrooms over a two-year period.
Thirty-eight-year-old Javier Mendiola-Soto, of Mexico, was charged with criminal violation of privacy for reportedly putting the cameras in several bathrooms around the University. The majority of the cameras were in women’s restrooms located at Del. Biotechnology Institute, Hugh Morris Library, Memorial Hall, ISE Lab and the Willard Hall Education Building. The cameras were apparently placed in the bathrooms between May 2012 and June 2014.
Video evidence confiscated by police and initial forensics show the files have not been shared on the internet or with other people.
Anyone with additional information about this case is encouraged to contact University of Delaware Police at 302-831-2222 or send email to UDPrivacy@udel.edu.
Anyone who thinks they may have been a victim is asked to call 302-831-4800. Free counseling is also available.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘It Was Raining Rocks’ Bricks Thrown At Truck Drivers On PA Turnpike
- Dog Shot And Killed By Police After Attacking Woman In Fairhill
- Court Documents Allege Boy Told Coach Paterno Sandusky Molested Him Decades Ago
- Jack-Knifed Tractor-Trailer Causing Major Delays On I-95 Northbound
- 1 Dead In Accident On Rt. 55 In Gloucester County