WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) – A graduate student at the University of Delaware has been arrested for allegedly putting hidden video cameras in various campus bathrooms over a two-year period.
Thirty-eight-year-old Javier Mendiola-Soto, of Mexico, was charged with criminal violation of privacy for reportedly putting the cameras in several bathrooms around the University. The majority of the cameras were in women’s restrooms located at Del. Biotechnology Institute, Hugh Morris Library, Memorial Hall, ISE Lab and the Willard Hall Education Building. The cameras were apparently placed in the bathrooms between May 2012 and June 2014.
Video evidence confiscated by police and initial forensics show the files have not been shared on the internet or with other people.
Anyone with additional information about this case is encouraged to contact University of Delaware Police at 302-831-2222 or send email to UDPrivacy@udel.edu.
Anyone who thinks they may have been a victim is asked to call 302-831-4800. Free counseling is also available.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- New Study Finds South Jersey Not Receiving Fair Share Of State Funds On Various Fronts
- Patti Smith Stands In For No-Show Bob Dylan At Nobel Ceremony
- Thousands Get In Holiday Spirit With Annual Santa Run
- Wilmington Firefighter Honored As Hero At Memorial Service
- Pet Pictures With Santa Benefits Local Animal Rescue Shelter