WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) – A graduate student at the University of Delaware has been arrested for allegedly putting hidden video cameras in various campus bathrooms over a two-year period.
Thirty-eight-year-old Javier Mendiola-Soto, of Mexico, was charged with criminal violation of privacy for reportedly putting the cameras in several bathrooms around the University. The majority of the cameras were in women’s restrooms located at Del. Biotechnology Institute, Hugh Morris Library, Memorial Hall, ISE Lab and the Willard Hall Education Building. The cameras were apparently placed in the bathrooms between May 2012 and June 2014.
Video evidence confiscated by police and initial forensics show the files have not been shared on the internet or with other people.
Anyone with additional information about this case is encouraged to contact University of Delaware Police at 302-831-2222 or send email to UDPrivacy@udel.edu.
Anyone who thinks they may have been a victim is asked to call 302-831-4800. Free counseling is also available.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Six Flags Attempts World Record Breaking Snowball Fight
- Sen. McCain Returning To Arizona, Will Miss Tax Bill Vote
- New Jersey Shopping Mall’s Unique Christmas Experience Attracts Children, Parents
- Multiple PHL Flights Impacted By Crippling Atlanta Airport Power Outage
- Man Shot Multiple Times At FDR Park In South Philly