PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A multi-vehicle crash snarled traffic along a heavily-traveled road in Philadelphia.
The accident happened at about 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the southbound lanes of the Roosevelt Boulevard near Ridge Avenue.
Chopper 3 was over the scene where it showed one car facing sideways against a guardrail. A second car left the roadway and ended up an embankment.
Rescue crews worked feverishly to remove at least one occupant of the car that left the roadway.
The extent of injuries was not immediately known.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- End Of An Era: Italian Market Butcher Shop Closing Soon
- Chief: Female Delaware Firefighter Who Died From Arson Fire Was Planning To Retire
- Millennials Renting In Buildings Offering Amenities Instead Of Buying
- STUDY: ‘Drink Plenty Of Fluids When Sick’ May Not Always Be The Best Advice
- Natalie Portman: Trump’s Victory Has Energized People ‘In A New Way’