PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A multi-vehicle crash snarled traffic along a heavily-traveled road in Philadelphia.
The accident happened at about 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the southbound lanes of the Roosevelt Boulevard near Ridge Avenue.
Chopper 3 was over the scene where it showed one car facing sideways against a guardrail. A second car left the roadway and ended up an embankment.
Rescue crews worked feverishly to remove at least one occupant of the car that left the roadway.
The extent of injuries was not immediately known.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Ex-Nursery School Employee Indicted On Child Porn Charges
- Man Killed In Shooting Involving Off-Duty Police Officer
- Local Volunteers Bring Aid And Relief To Louisiana Flood Victims
- Police: Student Fatally Stabbed In ‘Large Fight’ On Cornell Campus
- Worker Killed When Scaffolding Collapses At Industrial Site