PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A multi-vehicle crash snarled traffic along a heavily-traveled road in Philadelphia.
The accident happened at about 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the southbound lanes of the Roosevelt Boulevard near Ridge Avenue.
Chopper 3 was over the scene where it showed one car facing sideways against a guardrail. A second car left the roadway and ended up an embankment.
Rescue crews worked feverishly to remove at least one occupant of the car that left the roadway.
The extent of injuries was not immediately known.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Liberian Rebel Commander Accused Of War Crimes Found Guilty Of Immigration Fraud
- CHOP Hosts Halloween Party For Its Pediatric Patients
- Suspect Wanted In Deadly Maryland Shooting Connected To Shooting In Wilmington
- Police: Suspect Identified, Still At-Large In Sexual Assault Of Elderly Woman In Chester
- Study: Parents, Kids Alike Want Dinnertime No-Screen Zone