PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Detroit Tigers are interested in Phillies left-handed relief pitcher Antonio Bastardo, according to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi. Morosi added in his tweet that the Tigers are keeping tabs on Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon as well.
Bastardo, 28, is in his sixth season in Major League Baseball, all with the Phillies. Bastardo is 4-3 with a 3.30 ERA in 43 games this season. Bastardo is striking out 10.9 batters per nine innings this season, right around his 11.2 strike outs per nine career mark.
Bastardo currently has a one-year, $2 million contract.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Avila Leads Diamondbacks In 8-4 Win Over Phillies
- NBA Playoffs: 76ers Advance To Next Round After Beating Heat
- WATCH: Meek Mill Rings Bell At Sixers-Heat Game 5
- New York Times Questions If Eagles Will Visit Trump White House After Super Bowl Victory
- Phillies’ Nick Williams, Phanatic Help Local Kids Plant Tree