PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Detroit Tigers are interested in Phillies left-handed relief pitcher Antonio Bastardo, according to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi. Morosi added in his tweet that the Tigers are keeping tabs on Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon as well.
Bastardo, 28, is in his sixth season in Major League Baseball, all with the Phillies. Bastardo is 4-3 with a 3.30 ERA in 43 games this season. Bastardo is striking out 10.9 batters per nine innings this season, right around his 11.2 strike outs per nine career mark.
Bastardo currently has a one-year, $2 million contract.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Keidel: New York Giants Are Just Plain Bad
- McNabb: ‘Jared Goff Might Be Best QB In NFC’
- SEC Football Report: LSU Winning Streak Continues, Tide Roll Tennessee
- Ben Simmons Is 2nd Player Ever With 10/10/5 In First 3 Games
- Eagles Injury Report: Lane Johnson and Mychal Kendricks Could Be Good To Go Vs. Washington