PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Detroit Tigers are interested in Phillies left-handed relief pitcher Antonio Bastardo, according to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi. Morosi added in his tweet that the Tigers are keeping tabs on Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon as well.
Bastardo, 28, is in his sixth season in Major League Baseball, all with the Phillies. Bastardo is 4-3 with a 3.30 ERA in 43 games this season. Bastardo is striking out 10.9 batters per nine innings this season, right around his 11.2 strike outs per nine career mark.
Bastardo currently has a one-year, $2 million contract.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Covington, Saric Lead Sixers To 120-112 Win Over Wizards
- Keidel: Why Not A Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- 5 Phillies Players To Watch This Spring Training
- Jameis Winston Tells Elementary Students ‘Ladies Are Supposed To Be Silent… Men Are Supposed To Be Strong’
- Colangelo: Ben Simmons Will Sit Out The Rest Of The Year