PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Investigators from the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit are probing an alleged sexual assault that took place in the area of the fountain at Logan Square.
Police say the alleged incident took place at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at 19th and Logan Circle.
Authorities say they received a report of a man exposing himself and harassing a female there and they responded to the scene.
The man ran off before police arrived, but was soon captured at 16th and Arch Streets.
Police are still gathering more information from the victim, who suffered a neck injury and was treated at a nearby hospital.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police Chief: Media Not Reporting Race Of Man Police Stopped From Committing Suicide In Abington
- Congress Overrides Obama’s Veto Of Sept. 11 Bill
- Father Of Bucks County 2-Year-Old Who Accidentally Shot Himself, Facing Charges
- Coroner: Students’ Injuries In Shooting Not Life-Threatening
- Michelle Obama Stumps For Clinton At La Salle University