Police Investigating Reported Sexual Assault Near Fountain At Logan Square
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Investigators from the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit are probing an alleged sexual assault that took place in the area of the fountain at Logan Square.
Police say the alleged incident took place at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at 19th and Logan Circle.
Authorities say they received a report of a man exposing himself and harassing a female there and they responded to the scene.
The man ran off before police arrived, but was soon captured at 16th and Arch Streets.
Police are still gathering more information from the victim, who suffered a neck injury and was treated at a nearby hospital.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police Investigating Robberies Targeting Elderly In South Jersey
- Local Parents Of Son, Daughter In Nepal During Earthquake Speak Out
- Riot, Looting Prompt State Of Emergency, Curfew In Baltimore
- 70 Years After Walking Free From A Concentration Camp, A NJ Professor Gives His Eyewitness Account
- Pa. Supreme Court Upholds 2012 Conviction Of High Ranking Church Official