PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Investigators from the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit are probing an alleged sexual assault that took place in the area of the fountain at Logan Square.
Police say the alleged incident took place at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at 19th and Logan Circle.
Authorities say they received a report of a man exposing himself and harassing a female there and they responded to the scene.
The man ran off before police arrived, but was soon captured at 16th and Arch Streets.
Police are still gathering more information from the victim, who suffered a neck injury and was treated at a nearby hospital.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Woman Seriously Injured After Struck By Vehicle In Northeast Philly
- Man Charged With Killing Temple Student Denies Harming Her
- Delaware Restaurant Responds After Woman’s Rant Over Veteran’s Service Dog
- Deaf Dog Displaced By Hurricane Irma Searching For Forever Home
- Study: 71 Percent Of Americans Think It’s OK To Friend Co-Workers On Facebook