Police Investigating Reported Sexual Assault Near Fountain At Logan Square
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Investigators from the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit are probing an alleged sexual assault that took place in the area of the fountain at Logan Square.
Police say the alleged incident took place at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at 19th and Logan Circle.
Authorities say they received a report of a man exposing himself and harassing a female there and they responded to the scene.
The man ran off before police arrived, but was soon captured at 16th and Arch Streets.
Police are still gathering more information from the victim, who suffered a neck injury and was treated at a nearby hospital.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- New Policy Sparks Harsh Criticism From Police Union
- Prison Ministry Brings Hope To Women In Local Correctional Facility
- Weather: EF-1 Tornado Confirmed In Chester County
- Police Investigate Reported Violent Sexual Assault In Kensington
- Demolition Underway On Several Dilapidated Motels Outside Atlantic City