Officers Rescue 2 Boys From Delaware River Near Tacony-Palmyra Bridge
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two boys were rescued from the Delaware River by Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers in Tacony Tuesday night.
It happened at 6:13 p.m. at the 6400 block of New State Road under the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge.
According to Philadelphia Police, a 10-year-old boy slipped and fell into the river. Police say an 11-year-old boy jumped in to help him.
Both children were able to hold onto the wall near the bridge.
Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers dropped life preservers into the river and pulled the boys out.
Police say both children were checked out by medics.
You may also be interested in:
- Franklin Square Opens Its Visitor Amenities for 2015 Season
- Two Large, 3D Electronic Billboards Approved For Tourist Sections of Center City Phila.
- Moody’s Fears Atlantic City Default After State Report
- Police in Delco Widening Search For Woman Missing Since Last June
- Convicted Killer Who Disrupted Previous Sentencing By Grabbing For Deputy’s Gun Gets Life in Prison