PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two boys were rescued from the Delaware River by Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers in Tacony Tuesday night.
It happened at 6:13 p.m. at the 6400 block of New State Road under the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge.
According to Philadelphia Police, a 10-year-old boy slipped and fell into the river. Police say an 11-year-old boy jumped in to help him.
Both children were able to hold onto the wall near the bridge.
Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers dropped life preservers into the river and pulled the boys out.
Police say both children were checked out by medics.
You may also be interested in:
- Ronald McDonald House Helps Family From Indonesia Whose Son Is Battling Eye Cancer
- ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’ Reality Star To Make Debut As Stripper At Atlantic City Nightclub
- 8-Year-Old Calls 911, Stops Car After Sister Has Seizure While Driving
- Computers Being Used To Improve Ambulance Response Times
- ‘Consider Me Your Voice’: City’s Office Of LGTB Affairs Has New Director