PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two boys were rescued from the Delaware River by Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers in Tacony Tuesday night.
It happened at 6:13 p.m. at the 6400 block of New State Road under the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge.
According to Philadelphia Police, a 10-year-old boy slipped and fell into the river. Police say an 11-year-old boy jumped in to help him.
Both children were able to hold onto the wall near the bridge.
Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers dropped life preservers into the river and pulled the boys out.
Police say both children were checked out by medics.
You may also be interested in:
- Black Friday Madness A Game For Some
- Liver Transplant Recipient Shown Comfort At The Gift Of Life House Pays It Forward For Thanksgiving
- PPA Offers Free And Discounted Parking For Philadelphia Shoppers During Holiday Season
- Airlines Hoping To Woo Customers Invest In More Entertainment Options
- Uber Offers Breathalyzer Kiosk, Free Rides In Manayunk On Thanksgiving Eve