PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two boys were rescued from the Delaware River by Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers in Tacony Tuesday night.
It happened at 6:13 p.m. at the 6400 block of New State Road under the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge.
According to Philadelphia Police, a 10-year-old boy slipped and fell into the river. Police say an 11-year-old boy jumped in to help him.
Both children were able to hold onto the wall near the bridge.
Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers dropped life preservers into the river and pulled the boys out.
Police say both children were checked out by medics.
You may also be interested in:
- What Will Go Through John Roberts’ Head As He Swears In Donald Trump?
- What’s Cooking on 1060: Chinese Food For Chinese New Year
- Actors Join NYC Mayor For Anti-Trump Rally
- Many Travel From Delaware Valley For Donald Trump’s Inauguration
- Research: Among America’s Major Cities, Philly Has Highest Population Of Adults That Never Married