PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two boys were rescued from the Delaware River by Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers in Tacony Tuesday night.
It happened at 6:13 p.m. at the 6400 block of New State Road under the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge.
According to Philadelphia Police, a 10-year-old boy slipped and fell into the river. Police say an 11-year-old boy jumped in to help him.
Both children were able to hold onto the wall near the bridge.
Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers dropped life preservers into the river and pulled the boys out.
Police say both children were checked out by medics.
You may also be interested in:
- Dick Gregory, Civil Rights Activist And Comedian, Dead At 84
- Smart Technology Helping Prevent Sores In Patients Confined To Hospital Bed
- Fight Over Medical Marijuana Dispensary In Mt. Airy Far From Over
- Camden County Program Offers Therapeutic Horseback Riding For Residents With Special Needs
- Philly Archbishop To Ordain New Bishop For Allentown Diocese