PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two boys were rescued from the Delaware River by Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers in Tacony Tuesday night.
It happened at 6:13 p.m. at the 6400 block of New State Road under the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge.
According to Philadelphia Police, a 10-year-old boy slipped and fell into the river. Police say an 11-year-old boy jumped in to help him.
Both children were able to hold onto the wall near the bridge.
Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers dropped life preservers into the river and pulled the boys out.
Police say both children were checked out by medics.
You may also be interested in:
- Manayunk Bridge Lighting Project Is Happening
- Philadelphia Housing Authority Breaks Ground On New Headquarters
- Philadelphia Housing Authority Could Lose Police Chief
- Salem County Students In ‘Substandard’ Substitute School Could Be In Better Digs Soon
- Local Ham Radio Operators Gather For Communications Exercise