PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two boys were rescued from the Delaware River by Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers in Tacony Tuesday night.
It happened at 6:13 p.m. at the 6400 block of New State Road under the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge.
According to Philadelphia Police, a 10-year-old boy slipped and fell into the river. Police say an 11-year-old boy jumped in to help him.
Both children were able to hold onto the wall near the bridge.
Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers dropped life preservers into the river and pulled the boys out.
Police say both children were checked out by medics.
You may also be interested in:
- North Philadelphia Pastor Killed In Hit & Run
- Students At Overbook School For The Blind Honored With Achievement Awards
- City Council Explores Parking Authority Low Funding To Public Schools, Despite Making Higher Profits
- Verizon, Unions Reach Deal In Principle For 4-Year Contract
- “Greatest Collection Of Marvel Stars” Coming To Philly