Officers Rescue 2 Boys From Delaware River Near Tacony-Palmyra Bridge
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two boys were rescued from the Delaware River by Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers in Tacony Tuesday night.
It happened at 6:13 p.m. at the 6400 block of New State Road under the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge.
According to Philadelphia Police, a 10-year-old boy slipped and fell into the river. Police say an 11-year-old boy jumped in to help him.
Both children were able to hold onto the wall near the bridge.
Philadelphia Police and Port Authority officers dropped life preservers into the river and pulled the boys out.
Police say both children were checked out by medics.
You may also be interested in:
- Lansdowne Theater Holding Fundraiser To Restore Its Historic Splendor
- Kentucy Derby Winner ‘California Chrome’ Warms Up For Pennsylvania Race
- 13-Year-Old Boy Charged With Rape In Delaware
- Judge Allows Pa. Attorney General To Keep ‘Explicit’ E-Mails Secret
- ‘City Year’ of Service Begins Anew For Hundreds in Philadelphia