PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — About three weeks after Jordan Bondrowski received $500 for the viral Tom McCarthy home run caught ball—which she donated to charity—from 94WIP Morning Show host Angelo Cataldi, Bondrowski and her family were welcomed into the Phillies broadcast booth to officially return the ball to McCarthy on Monday night.
The 11-year-old girl, Bondrowski, was able to meet and take pictures with the Phillies TV play-by-play announcer, as well as the radio commentators Scott Franzke and Larry Andersen. Bondrowski received a tour of the Comcast SportsNet booth, a No. 26 “Jordan” Phillies jersey, a signed ball from her favorite player Chase Utley, and some time to hang out with the Phillie Phanatic. Bondrowski and her family was also treated to dinner in the Diamond Club.
Safe to say, it was a pretty special night for a pretty special young lady and her family.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Malcolm Jenkins Holding Third Annual Blitz, Bow Ties And Bourbon
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 7 Injury Report: Bennie Logan Questionable
- Sixers Release Medical Update: Simmons Recovering, Noel Needs Surgery
- Fantasy Football: Who To Start, Who To Sit For Week 7
- High School Top 10: Imhotep Charter May Be The Best Team In PA