PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — About three weeks after Jordan Bondrowski received $500 for the viral Tom McCarthy home run caught ball—which she donated to charity—from 94WIP Morning Show host Angelo Cataldi, Bondrowski and her family were welcomed into the Phillies broadcast booth to officially return the ball to McCarthy on Monday night.
The 11-year-old girl, Bondrowski, was able to meet and take pictures with the Phillies TV play-by-play announcer, as well as the radio commentators Scott Franzke and Larry Andersen. Bondrowski received a tour of the Comcast SportsNet booth, a No. 26 “Jordan” Phillies jersey, a signed ball from her favorite player Chase Utley, and some time to hang out with the Phillie Phanatic. Bondrowski and her family was also treated to dinner in the Diamond Club.
Safe to say, it was a pretty special night for a pretty special young lady and her family.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Albies Goes Deep, McCarthy And Braves Beat Phillies 3-1
- Brian Dawkins Stepping Down From Full-Time Role In Eagles Front Office
- Eagles Release Linebacker Mychal Kendricks
- Sixers’ Ben Simmons Named To NBA All-Rookie First Team
- ‘I Don’t View It As A Political Thing’: Carson Wentz To Take Part In White House Visit To Celebrate Eagles’ Super Bowl Victory