LANSDALE, Pa. (CBS) — An early morning accident along the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s Northeast Extension has caused a major back-up approaching Lansdale.
The crash happened around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes just past the Lansdale exit.
The accident forced the closure of all lanes in the southbound direction. The crash was cleared about an hour later and the lanes were reopened — but it has caused a 7-mile delay.
Commuters are encouraged to use Route 309 as an alternate.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Winning Lottery Ticket Worth $1M Sold In Philadelphia
- South Jersey Teacher Admits Having Inappropriate Relationship With Student
- New Campaign At Drexel Aims To Teach Students Failure Can Be Key To Success
- After 2 Years On The Rise, Chesapeake Blue Crab Population Declines In 2017
- On-Beach Parking Becomes Reality In Wildwood