Crash Causes Major Delay On Southbound Northeast Extension
LANSDALE, Pa. (CBS) — An early morning accident along the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s Northeast Extension has caused a major back-up approaching Lansdale.
The crash happened around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes just past the Lansdale exit.
The accident forced the closure of all lanes in the southbound direction. The crash was cleared about an hour later and the lanes were reopened — but it has caused a 7-mile delay.
Commuters are encouraged to use Route 309 as an alternate.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Police Release Video Of Suspects Wanted In Center City Attack On Same-Sex Couple
- Bomb Squad Responds To World War II-Era Marking Round In Cape May County
- California Chrome Arrives At Parx Racing For Saturday’s Pennsylvania Derby
- Brotherly Love: Bringing A Church Basement Back To Life
- EXCLUSIVE: Family Speaks Out After Girl Escapes Alleged Abduction In Delaware County