Crash Causes Major Delay On Southbound Northeast Extension
LANSDALE, Pa. (CBS) — An early morning accident along the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s Northeast Extension has caused a major back-up approaching Lansdale.
The crash happened around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes just past the Lansdale exit.
The accident forced the closure of all lanes in the southbound direction. The crash was cleared about an hour later and the lanes were reopened — but it has caused a 7-mile delay.
Commuters are encouraged to use Route 309 as an alternate.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- District Attorney To Add Prosecutor’s Firing To Kane Probe
- Philadelphia Catholic Leaders Not Fazed By Pope’s Added Mass, in Washington, DC
- First Public Hearing on Comcast Franchises in Philadelphia Draws Scathing Comments
- Man Breaks Into Church In Warminster, Steals Money From ‘Poor Boxes’
- Oral Arguments Today in U.S. Supreme Court on Same-Sex Marriage Case