LANSDALE, Pa. (CBS) — An early morning accident along the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s Northeast Extension has caused a major back-up approaching Lansdale.
The crash happened around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes just past the Lansdale exit.
The accident forced the closure of all lanes in the southbound direction. The crash was cleared about an hour later and the lanes were reopened — but it has caused a 7-mile delay.
Commuters are encouraged to use Route 309 as an alternate.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Tavis Smiley’s Show Suspended By PBS Amid Misconduct Allegations
- Experts Gather In Philadelphia To Take In-Depth Look At Health Care
- St. Joe’s University Student Seriously Injured After Being Struck By Vehicle
- Republican-Led FCC Set To Repeal ‘Net Neutrality’
- Broadway’s ‘The Color Purple’ Cast To Hold Forum On Sexual Harassment