LANSDALE, Pa. (CBS) — An early morning accident along the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s Northeast Extension has caused a major back-up approaching Lansdale.
The crash happened around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes just past the Lansdale exit.
The accident forced the closure of all lanes in the southbound direction. The crash was cleared about an hour later and the lanes were reopened — but it has caused a 7-mile delay.
Commuters are encouraged to use Route 309 as an alternate.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Sales Tax Hike For Property Tax Relief Dropped From Pa. Budget Talks
- Camden County Prosecutor Investigating Fatal Shooting Involving Two Police Officers
- Weather: In Depth Winter Weather Outlook For Our Region
- Police: Teen To Be Charged As Adult In State Trooper Shooting, One Suspect Being Sought
- Police: Body Found Behind South Philadelphia Walmart