LANSDALE, Pa. (CBS) — An early morning accident along the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s Northeast Extension has caused a major back-up approaching Lansdale.
The crash happened around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes just past the Lansdale exit.
The accident forced the closure of all lanes in the southbound direction. The crash was cleared about an hour later and the lanes were reopened — but it has caused a 7-mile delay.
Commuters are encouraged to use Route 309 as an alternate.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Life In Prison For Sudanese Refugee Convicted In Stabbing Death Of Co-Worker At Montco Meat-Packing Plant
- Mayor Kenney Urges Young People To Vote At Community College Of Philadelphia Event
- Olympic Soccer Star, Carli Lloyd Talks South Jersey Roots, Hard Work & Her New Book
- Police: Pennsylvania Dealer Hid 110 Heroin Bags In Buttocks
- Paid Parking Lot Under Ben Franklin Bridge Could Become Reality