Crash Causes Major Delay On Southbound Northeast Extension
LANSDALE, Pa. (CBS) — An early morning accident along the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s Northeast Extension has caused a major back-up approaching Lansdale.
The crash happened around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes just past the Lansdale exit.
The accident forced the closure of all lanes in the southbound direction. The crash was cleared about an hour later and the lanes were reopened — but it has caused a 7-mile delay.
Commuters are encouraged to use Route 309 as an alternate.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Billionaire Carl Icahn Offers $20M Infusion to Avert Taj Mahal Shutdown
- Reflecting Decades of Integrity, Local Nonprofit Leader Awarded Presidential Pardon
- Montco Veterans’ Court Judge Dismayed at Killing Spree By Client
- Lyft Gets Pa. Regulatory Nod…Except In Philly
- Philadelphia Mother Pleads Guilty After Boy, 2, Kills 11-Year-Old Sister