LANSDALE, Pa. (CBS) — An early morning accident along the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s Northeast Extension has caused a major back-up approaching Lansdale.
The crash happened around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes just past the Lansdale exit.
The accident forced the closure of all lanes in the southbound direction. The crash was cleared about an hour later and the lanes were reopened — but it has caused a 7-mile delay.
Commuters are encouraged to use Route 309 as an alternate.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Utility Blames Transformer Issue For Philadelphia Foam Leak
- Police: Baby Thrown From 3rd Floor In Philly 2-Alarm Fire
- 4 Arrested After Troopers Seize 50 Pounds of Pot In School Parking Lot
- Poll: Christie’s Approval Rating Tied With Florio
- N.J. State Police Trooper Killed In Line of Duty Following Millville Crash