PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Deal To End Government Shutdown Gets Strong Reaction From PA ‘Dreamers’
- Former Staffers Plead Guilty For Spreading Nude Images Of Lawmaker
- At College Speech, Gorsuch Stresses Need For Civil Discourse
- Mayor Kenney Declares ‘WWE Royal Rumble Week’ In Philly
- Die-Hard Eagles Fans Road-Tripping To Minneapolis For Super Bowl