Child Rescued After Falling Into Manhole In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Shoppers Flock To Grocery Stores Ahead Of Latest Round Of Winter Weather
- City Of Philadelphia Announces Snow Emergency
- Police: Man Dies After Being Shot, Run Over In Feltonville
- Gov. Christie Declares State Of Emergency Ahead Of Winter Storm
- Cape May City Council Votes To Demote Police Chief, Loses Councilman In The Process