Child Rescued After Falling Into Manhole In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Fire Damages Delco Shop, Apartment
- 1 Killed, 3 Others Hurt In Chester Shooting
- Spike In Suicides Among Philadelphia Firefighters Calls Attention To Pressures Of Job
- Changing Traffic Patterns Could Cause Big Tie-Ups This Weekend On I-95 In Philadelphia
- Police Rescue Two Dozen Drivers After Rain, Hail Hit Toms River, NJ