PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Police: Teen Girl Viciously Attacks Worker Inside Chinese Restaurant
- Engineers Writing The Future Of Aviation In Philadelphia
- Man Pleads Guilty To Defecating On Side Of Road, Throwing Feces Into Woods
- Police Searching For Inmate Who Escaped From Mental Hospital Parking Lot
- Former Delaware Governor To Ride Cross Country For Charity