PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Smart Technology Helping Prevent Sores In Patients Confined To Hospital Bed
- Fight Over Medical Marijuana Dispensary In Mt. Airy Far From Over
- Camden County Program Offers Therapeutic Horseback Riding For Residents With Special Needs
- Philly Archbishop To Ordain New Bishop For Allentown Diocese
- Long Closed Regional Theatre Returns Down The Shore