PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Philadelphia Police Ask Public To Remain Vigilant During Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Two Suburban Bridges Reopen Ahead Of Schedule After Repairs
- Man Shot Outside SEPTA’s Frankford Transportation Center
- Philadelphia Shoppers Expected To Spend Less Than Most This Holiday Season
- Fan Helps Boost Patty LaBelle Pie Sales With Online Video