PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Local Sculptors Plan To Put Valentine’s Day On Ice
- Moorestown Residents Are Concerned About What Is In The Drinking Water
- Students React To Stomach Illness Spreading At Ursinus College
- South Jersey Man Fighting ALS Thanks Strangers For Help
- Survey: Americans To Spend Record Amounts On Valentine’s Day Gifts