PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Heart Health Seminar Held, Spreads Awareness About Lifestyle Improvements
- Muhammad Ali’s Son Detained At Airport: ‘Are You Muslim?’
- Hundreds Rally In Center City To Save Affordable Care Act
- Democrats Elect Perez Party Chairman On Second Ballot
- Impending Storms Impacting Travel At Philly International Airport