PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Thousands Of Law Enforcement Officials Gather For Philadelphia Conference
- PA Senate Returns Amid Latest Budget Quandary
- Center City Real Estate Investor Makes Good On Personal Pledge
- 3 Officers Injured While Performing At Thrill Show In Center City
- Inaugural Science Fair For Adults Takes Over University City Square