PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- 1 Teen Dead, Another Injured After Being Ejected From Carnival Ride
- Delaware GOP Chairman Expects Strong Support For Trump At Convention
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas That Are Actually Cool
- Here We Go Again! Powerball Jackpot Reaches $314 Million
- Advocates Rally To Raise Awareness For Organ And Tissue Donation