Child Rescued After Falling Into Manhole In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Basketball Game Brings Community, Police Together In Philadelphia
- Easton Road Closed After Accident Brings Down Utility Pole In Willow Grove
- Pa. House Approves Increasing 911 Phone Bill Fee To $1.65
- EXCLUSIVE: Police, FBI, Medics Save 2 Runners’ Lives At Broad Street Run
- Overturned Vehicle Snarls Traffic On Northeast Extension In Montgomery Co.