PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child was taken to the hospital after he fell into an manhole in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.
The freak incident happened in the 2900 block of N. Philip Street in the city’s Fairhill section.
According to witnesses, the manhole was covered by cardboard and the boy fell in while walking on top of it.
Rescue crews, which included Philadelphia police officers and firefighters, worked to free the child. He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment of injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Mylan Pledges To Make EpiPen More Affordable
- Girl Pulled From Rubble As Italy Earthquake Kills 247
- Orlando Hospitals Won’t Bill Survivors Of Pulse Nightclub Shooting
- Possibly World’s Biggest Pearl Found Under A Bed
- Good Samaritan Jumps Into Action After Phila. Police Sergeant Struck By Suspected Drunk Driver