PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cliff Lee returns to the Phillies rotation tonight against the San Francisco Giants. The Phillies’ pitcher has been on the mend and returns from a DL stint just in time to get a few starts in before the trade deadline.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com joined the WIP Morning Show to discuss Lee’s situation with the deadline looming. Salisbury expects there to be a collection of scouts on hand to watch Lee pitch and if he proves healthy, things could really heat up for his services.
Salisbury also reported that two teams with playoff aspirations, the Yankees and Blue Jays, attended Lee’s last rehab appearance in Clearwater.
“There’s going to be a couple dozen scouts there,” Salisbury said of Lee’s return to the mound for the Phillies.
Lee could potentially be the biggest pitching name on the market alongside the Ray’s David Price.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- High School Football Preview: Area Schools Making The Plunge Into New Terrain
- Phillies Trade Carlos Ruiz To The Dodgers
- After Several Drops, Ryan Lochte Lands Endorsement Deal With ‘Forgiving’ Company
- Doug Pederson Reflects On Russell Wilson As An Eagle
- Zach Ertz Responds: ‘Excited To See Josh Norman In New Scheme’