PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cliff Lee returns to the Phillies rotation tonight against the San Francisco Giants. The Phillies’ pitcher has been on the mend and returns from a DL stint just in time to get a few starts in before the trade deadline.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com joined the WIP Morning Show to discuss Lee’s situation with the deadline looming. Salisbury expects there to be a collection of scouts on hand to watch Lee pitch and if he proves healthy, things could really heat up for his services.
Salisbury also reported that two teams with playoff aspirations, the Yankees and Blue Jays, attended Lee’s last rehab appearance in Clearwater.
“There’s going to be a couple dozen scouts there,” Salisbury said of Lee’s return to the mound for the Phillies.
Lee could potentially be the biggest pitching name on the market alongside the Ray’s David Price.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Seeking Change: Rule Keeps Student Off The Court For Not Removing Hijab
- Saint Joseph’s Women Look To Keep Rolling Against George Washington
- Report: Doug Pederson Promotes Mike Groh To OC, Not Duce Staley
- Orthopedic Surgeon: Carson Wentz’s Injury Is ‘Worrisome’
- Flyers Lose Simmonds, Neuvirth For Extended Period Of Time