Take A Deep Breath! Philadelphia Not Among Most Stressed Cities
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Feeling stressed? CNNMoney ranks the most stressful cities in the nation and Philadelphia wasn’t in the top ten.
Data for 55 cities with populations of one-million or more was collected to come up with 15 of the biggest indicators of stress — including things like unemployment, divorces and commute times.
The City of Brotherly Love came in the 13th slot with the zen factor being fewer divorces and a stress factor of heavy traffic.
So what do Philadelphians think?
“I know people from different places, it’s stressful everywhere. Life is what you make it, it’s as simple as that.”
“I don’t think Philadelphia compares to New York City.”
New York City was, indeed, ranked #1 with the zen factor being low crime and the stress factor long work hours.
Salt Lake City was listed as the least stressed out city.
CNNMoney spoke with experts — including the American Psychological Association — to come up with the rankings.
- Police Arrest Suspect Who Shot Camden County Officer
- Philly Pops Play Free Concert To Celebrate July 4th In Old City
- Under New Policy, PPD Releases Names Of 2 Officers Involved In Shooting
- Pols: NJ Casino Expansion Vote Likely Not Happening In Fall
- Philadelphia’s Fourth Of July Celebration Underway
- Pioneers Of The LGBT Rights Movement Reflect On Their History
- Philly Pops Holds Final Runthroughs For Free Friday Evening Concert
- Cops: Males In Possession Of Stolen Phone Unknowingly Upload Pics To Victim’s Cloud
- Ford Recalls 432K Cars Because Of Software Problem
- Christie Says Program To Help Military Members To Continue