Take A Deep Breath! Philadelphia Not Among Most Stressed Cities
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Feeling stressed? CNNMoney ranks the most stressful cities in the nation and Philadelphia wasn’t in the top ten.
Data for 55 cities with populations of one-million or more was collected to come up with 15 of the biggest indicators of stress — including things like unemployment, divorces and commute times.
The City of Brotherly Love came in the 13th slot with the zen factor being fewer divorces and a stress factor of heavy traffic.
So what do Philadelphians think?
“I know people from different places, it’s stressful everywhere. Life is what you make it, it’s as simple as that.”
“I don’t think Philadelphia compares to New York City.”
New York City was, indeed, ranked #1 with the zen factor being low crime and the stress factor long work hours.
Salt Lake City was listed as the least stressed out city.
CNNMoney spoke with experts — including the American Psychological Association — to come up with the rankings.
- Sheriff’s Officer Rescues Crying Child From Hot Van In New Jersey
- Secret Service: We Didn’t Order Mass Transit Closures For Papal Visit
- Archaeologist Dig Into The Past At Fairmount Park
- Manatee Makes An Appearance In Delaware River
- Weather: Sunny And Less Humid To Wrap Up July
- Police: 1 Dead In Multi-vehicle Crash In Bucks County
- Pennsylvania State Police Issue Amber Alert For 16-Year-Old Girl
- The Independence Visitor Center Celebrates 30 Million Visitors
- Man Shot Multiple Times Near Closed Playground In Hunting Park
- Local Group Rallies Support For Dominican Republic Deportation Victims