Take A Deep Breath! Philadelphia Not Among Most Stressed Cities
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Feeling stressed? CNNMoney ranks the most stressful cities in the nation and Philadelphia wasn’t in the top ten.
Data for 55 cities with populations of one-million or more was collected to come up with 15 of the biggest indicators of stress — including things like unemployment, divorces and commute times.
The City of Brotherly Love came in the 13th slot with the zen factor being fewer divorces and a stress factor of heavy traffic.
So what do Philadelphians think?
“I know people from different places, it’s stressful everywhere. Life is what you make it, it’s as simple as that.”
“I don’t think Philadelphia compares to New York City.”
New York City was, indeed, ranked #1 with the zen factor being low crime and the stress factor long work hours.
Salt Lake City was listed as the least stressed out city.
CNNMoney spoke with experts — including the American Psychological Association — to come up with the rankings.
- Local Demonstrators Raise Awareness About Climate Change In NY
- Mostly Boos For Jackson In Return To Philly
- SEPTA Service Between Airport, 30th Street Station Canceled
- Ex-NJ School Custodian Sentenced For Hidden Cameras
- Police: Rifle Carried By Ambush Suspect Found
- 1 Dead, Dozens On Board Bus That Overturns In Delaware
- Man Sentenced For Carjacking, High-Speed Pursuit
- Wolf Holds Cash Edge With 7 Weeks Left In Campaign
- White House Intruder Identified As Army Veteran
- Clementi Family Become Advocates After Suicide