Take A Deep Breath! Philadelphia Not Among Most Stressed Cities
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Feeling stressed? CNNMoney ranks the most stressful cities in the nation and Philadelphia wasn’t in the top ten.
Data for 55 cities with populations of one-million or more was collected to come up with 15 of the biggest indicators of stress — including things like unemployment, divorces and commute times.
The City of Brotherly Love came in the 13th slot with the zen factor being fewer divorces and a stress factor of heavy traffic.
So what do Philadelphians think?
“I know people from different places, it’s stressful everywhere. Life is what you make it, it’s as simple as that.”
“I don’t think Philadelphia compares to New York City.”
New York City was, indeed, ranked #1 with the zen factor being low crime and the stress factor long work hours.
Salt Lake City was listed as the least stressed out city.
CNNMoney spoke with experts — including the American Psychological Association — to come up with the rankings.
- Internet Activists Use Grumpy Cat In Aerial Jab At Comcast
- Pa. Among Top 10 States With The Worst Taxes For The Average American
- Technical High School Students Compete For Scholarships, Tools At Annual Automotive Competition
- Wolf Announces Initiative To Improve Home Care For Seniors During Philly Visit
- Deaths From Flu In Delaware Climb To 26
- “Black Madam” Faces Cross-Examination In Black Market Body Enhancement Murder Case
- Fugitive On Montgomery County’s Most Wanted List Arrested In Florida
- Raccoon Tests Positive For Rabies In South Jersey
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 467K SUVs For Possible Stalling
- Montgomery County Judge Gives High School Students Inside Look At Life In Legal Field