Take A Deep Breath! Philadelphia Not Among Most Stressed Cities
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Feeling stressed? CNNMoney ranks the most stressful cities in the nation and Philadelphia wasn’t in the top ten.
Data for 55 cities with populations of one-million or more was collected to come up with 15 of the biggest indicators of stress — including things like unemployment, divorces and commute times.
The City of Brotherly Love came in the 13th slot with the zen factor being fewer divorces and a stress factor of heavy traffic.
So what do Philadelphians think?
“I know people from different places, it’s stressful everywhere. Life is what you make it, it’s as simple as that.”
“I don’t think Philadelphia compares to New York City.”
New York City was, indeed, ranked #1 with the zen factor being low crime and the stress factor long work hours.
Salt Lake City was listed as the least stressed out city.
CNNMoney spoke with experts — including the American Psychological Association — to come up with the rankings.
- Report: NJ Among States Least-prepared For Outbreaks
- Lottery Ticket Worth $1 Million Sold In Allentown
- Is A Christmas Eve Storm On The Way?
- Differing Views On Sony Pulling The Plug On “The Interview”
- 1 Injured In School Bus, SUV Crash In Delaware
- School Bus Safety Concerns Arise As Community Mourns Death Of Bensalem Student
- Sex Tape Involving Minors Making Rounds At Bucks County Middle School
- Suspect Arrested In Philadelphia Arson Attacks
- Search Is On For SEPTA Fare Evader
- NJ State Police Want Fugitive Living In Cuba Back In Prison