Take A Deep Breath! Philadelphia Not Among Most Stressed Cities
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Feeling stressed? CNNMoney ranks the most stressful cities in the nation and Philadelphia wasn’t in the top ten.
Data for 55 cities with populations of one-million or more was collected to come up with 15 of the biggest indicators of stress — including things like unemployment, divorces and commute times.
The City of Brotherly Love came in the 13th slot with the zen factor being fewer divorces and a stress factor of heavy traffic.
So what do Philadelphians think?
“I know people from different places, it’s stressful everywhere. Life is what you make it, it’s as simple as that.”
“I don’t think Philadelphia compares to New York City.”
New York City was, indeed, ranked #1 with the zen factor being low crime and the stress factor long work hours.
Salt Lake City was listed as the least stressed out city.
CNNMoney spoke with experts — including the American Psychological Association — to come up with the rankings.
- Taxi Driver Leads Police On Chase In South Philadelphia; Charged With DUI
- Weekend Box Office Report: Moviegoers Welcome ‘Home’
- Trial Set To Get Underway For Six Former Philly Police Officers Accused Of Corruption
- Quietly Lending a Hand To The Less Fortunate
- City Council Seeks More Input On Franchise Agreements With Comcast
- Police Officer, 5 Others Injured In Traffic Stop Crash In Bucks County
- Person Struck, Killed By Amtrak Train In New Jersey
- Police Officer Fatally Shot In Delco ID’d
- 2 Hurt After Crash On Atlantic City Expressway
- NJ Officer Admits Taking $18K From Police Athletic League