Take A Deep Breath! Philadelphia Not Among Most Stressed Cities
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Feeling stressed? CNNMoney ranks the most stressful cities in the nation and Philadelphia wasn’t in the top ten.
Data for 55 cities with populations of one-million or more was collected to come up with 15 of the biggest indicators of stress — including things like unemployment, divorces and commute times.
The City of Brotherly Love came in the 13th slot with the zen factor being fewer divorces and a stress factor of heavy traffic.
So what do Philadelphians think?
“I know people from different places, it’s stressful everywhere. Life is what you make it, it’s as simple as that.”
“I don’t think Philadelphia compares to New York City.”
New York City was, indeed, ranked #1 with the zen factor being low crime and the stress factor long work hours.
Salt Lake City was listed as the least stressed out city.
CNNMoney spoke with experts — including the American Psychological Association — to come up with the rankings.
- Old City Ceremony Honors Long-Forgotten Civil War Hero
- Philadelphia’s Vietnam Memorial Rededicated After Seven-Year Makeover
- Philadelphia Ranked One Of The Top Food Cities; Food Scene Called ‘Diverse, Fascinating’
- Knotty Exhibit Planned For Pope Symbolizes Life’s Challenges
- South Jersey Welcomes Unofficial Start of Summer With Weather Officially Glorious
- Woman Sexually Assaulted, Robbed In South Philadelphia
- Eyes of Collegiate Lacrosse World on Philadelphia Area For NCAA Championships
- At Korean Memorial, Remembering the ‘Forgotten’ War and One Long-Missing Soldier
- Man Reportedly Shot In The Head In North Philadelphia
- Media, Pa. Marks Memorial Day In Its Traditional Fashion