Take A Deep Breath! Philadelphia Not Among Most Stressed Cities
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Feeling stressed? CNNMoney ranks the most stressful cities in the nation and Philadelphia wasn’t in the top ten.
Data for 55 cities with populations of one-million or more was collected to come up with 15 of the biggest indicators of stress — including things like unemployment, divorces and commute times.
The City of Brotherly Love came in the 13th slot with the zen factor being fewer divorces and a stress factor of heavy traffic.
So what do Philadelphians think?
“I know people from different places, it’s stressful everywhere. Life is what you make it, it’s as simple as that.”
“I don’t think Philadelphia compares to New York City.”
New York City was, indeed, ranked #1 with the zen factor being low crime and the stress factor long work hours.
Salt Lake City was listed as the least stressed out city.
CNNMoney spoke with experts — including the American Psychological Association — to come up with the rankings.
- Police ID Mom Accused Of Locking 4 Kids In Basement Of Philly Home
- After Huge Quake, Lansdale Woman Working on Relief Efforts For Her Native Nepal
- Police: 2 Arrested In Connection With Death Of Delivery Man In NE Philadelphia
- Report: 7 New Jersey Counties Make List Of Highest Property Taxes
- Police: Worker Stabbed By Former Employee At Main Line Hebrew School
- Nice Weather In Store Before The Rain Moves In Thursday
- A Chester County Mother and Daughter, Energizing Tons of Food Donations
- NJ Company Recalls Dog Bones Over Salmonella Concerns
- With Royal Baby #2 Due Any Day, Folks Across The Pond Weigh In On Their Picks For Names
- Pa. Shop Offers Discount — But Only To Women!