Phillies Make Roster Moves To Reinstate Lee
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cliff Lee is set to return to the mound tonight for the Phillies following a two month trip to the disabled list. The team announced the move today which was accompanied by a number of roster moves.
In addition to Lee being activated from the disabled list, utility-man Reid Brignac was activated from the 15-day disabled list. Catcher Wil Nieves was also activated from the 15-day disabled list.
Outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. was designated by the team for assignment. Second Baseman Cesar Hernandez was optioned to triple-A Lehigh Valley and catcher Koyie Hill was outrighted.
Cliff Lee will take the mound tonight against the San Francisco Giants.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- SportsRadio 94 WIP’s Wing Bowl 23 Is Friday At Wells Fargo Center
- Kevin Hart Gets In A Workout With The Texas Longhorns
- Five NFL Sponsorship Deals That May Surprise You
- Eagles Tab Ed Marynowitz As New VP Of Player Personnel
- Reuben Frank Says He Was ‘Disappointed T.O. Didn’t Have More Game’ In Twitter Fued