Phillies Make Roster Moves To Reinstate Lee
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cliff Lee is set to return to the mound tonight for the Phillies following a two month trip to the disabled list. The team announced the move today which was accompanied by a number of roster moves.
In addition to Lee being activated from the disabled list, utility-man Reid Brignac was activated from the 15-day disabled list. Catcher Wil Nieves was also activated from the 15-day disabled list.
Outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. was designated by the team for assignment. Second Baseman Cesar Hernandez was optioned to triple-A Lehigh Valley and catcher Koyie Hill was outrighted.
Cliff Lee will take the mound tonight against the San Francisco Giants.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Maxwell: I Would ‘Definitely Have To Consider’ Philly
- Holy Family Men’s Hoops Looks To Keep On Rolling In CACC Tourney
- Chase Utley: ‘I Feel Extremely Fortunate’ To Be Loved By Fans
- Breaking Down College Basketball’s Top 25 Teams [11-15]
- Best Team Fits For The Top 25 NFL Free Agents [20-25]