PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cliff Lee is set to return to the mound tonight for the Phillies following a two month trip to the disabled list. The team announced the move today which was accompanied by a number of roster moves.
In addition to Lee being activated from the disabled list, utility-man Reid Brignac was activated from the 15-day disabled list. Catcher Wil Nieves was also activated from the 15-day disabled list.
Outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. was designated by the team for assignment. Second Baseman Cesar Hernandez was optioned to triple-A Lehigh Valley and catcher Koyie Hill was outrighted.
Cliff Lee will take the mound tonight against the San Francisco Giants.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Barkley Sets Penn State TD Record In 56-44 Win Over Nebraska
- Monahan’s First Hat Trick Lifts Flames Over Flyers 5-4
- No. 14 UCF Rolls Temple 45-19, Heads To War On I-4 Unbeaten
- Eagles Injury Report: WR Alshon Jeffery Is Questionable For Sunday Night Vs. Dallas
- Keidel: Raiders Need Win Way More Than Patriots Do