PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cliff Lee is set to return to the mound tonight for the Phillies following a two month trip to the disabled list. The team announced the move today which was accompanied by a number of roster moves.
In addition to Lee being activated from the disabled list, utility-man Reid Brignac was activated from the 15-day disabled list. Catcher Wil Nieves was also activated from the 15-day disabled list.
Outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. was designated by the team for assignment. Second Baseman Cesar Hernandez was optioned to triple-A Lehigh Valley and catcher Koyie Hill was outrighted.
Cliff Lee will take the mound tonight against the San Francisco Giants.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Scott Franzke And Larry Andersen Celebrate A Decade In The Booth
- Kentucky Derby Preview: Nyquist Looks Ready To Wear Roses
- First Ever Conference Tourney Appearance For Swarthmore Lacrosse
- Carson Wentz Gets Sports Illustrated Cover
- Del Val Lacrosse Ready For First Ever Postseason Appearance