By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An overturned vehicle injured a driver and created power issues for residents in Southwest Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The accident happened at about 5 a.m. at S. 70th Street and Holstein Avenue.
According to investigators, a female driver of a mini-van somehow lost control and the vehicle flipped over and ended up on its roof.
Emergency crews arrived at the scene and had to extricate the female driver from her car. The unidentified female was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
During the crash, the mini-van brought down a utility pole with live wires.
As a result of the crash, approximately 150 PECO customers in the area lost power. The full power restoration is expected to take several hours.
The accident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- ‘Mommy It’s Okay Stay With Me’: NJ Boy Hailed As Hero For Saving Mother Having Medical Issue
- Chances Of Surviving A Missile Attack May Be Higher Than You Think
- The Texts Loved Ones Sent During The Hawaii Missile Alert Mishap
- Police: Couple Shackled People To Beds With Chains And Padlocks In California Home
- Simone Biles Alleges Former USA Team Doctor Larry Nassar Sexually Abused Her