Coast Guard Suspends Search For 25-Year-Old Swimmer Missing Off Island Beach State Park
ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK, NJ (CBS) – The Coast Guard has suspended their search for a 25-year-old man who was reported missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach.
The 25-year-old swimmer reportedly went missing around 11:50 a.m. on Friday at Island Beach State Park.
Officials say they were told it was the man’s first time swimming in the ocean. He is described as Caucasian with dark hair and was wearing red shorts.
The Coast Guard suspended their search after searching for six hours, covering more than 17 square miles with several Coast Guard boats, local responders and a helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Malala Yousafzai Receives The 2014 Liberty Medal In Philadelphia
- Driver Hospitalized After Vehicle Crashes Into Building In Center City
- Sayreville School Board Votes To Suspend High School Football Coaches
- TV Show Creator Speaks To Students At Drexel University
- Pocono Mountain School District Schools Open Wednesday