ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK, NJ (CBS) – The Coast Guard has suspended their search for a 25-year-old man who was reported missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach.
The 25-year-old swimmer reportedly went missing around 11:50 a.m. on Friday at Island Beach State Park.
Officials say they were told it was the man’s first time swimming in the ocean. He is described as Caucasian with dark hair and was wearing red shorts.
The Coast Guard suspended their search after searching for six hours, covering more than 17 square miles with several Coast Guard boats, local responders and a helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- SEPTA Police Announce 10 Arrests In Connection With Subway Station Brawl
- 2 Philly Pizzerias Named On List Of Best Pizza Places In Country
- Eat Or Learn? South Jersey University Seeks To End That Choice For Some Students
- Bus Goes Up In Flames On Schuylkill Expressway
- FCC Presents Early Findings On Why Some AT&T Customers Couldn’t Dial 911