ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK, NJ (CBS) – The Coast Guard has suspended their search for a 25-year-old man who was reported missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach.
The 25-year-old swimmer reportedly went missing around 11:50 a.m. on Friday at Island Beach State Park.
Officials say they were told it was the man’s first time swimming in the ocean. He is described as Caucasian with dark hair and was wearing red shorts.
The Coast Guard suspended their search after searching for six hours, covering more than 17 square miles with several Coast Guard boats, local responders and a helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Philly Officer Among Unsung Heroes Recognized For Helping Protect Children
- 2nd Teen Convicted In Murder Of Man Walking Dog
- With Allergy Season Here, Natural Remedies May Be What You Need
- Two Ways Philly Judicial Candidate Hopes His Run For Office Is A Game Changer
- Cherry Hill Triplex Plants 50 Trees Around Baseball Field