ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK, NJ (CBS) – The Coast Guard has suspended their search for a 25-year-old man who was reported missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach.
The 25-year-old swimmer reportedly went missing around 11:50 a.m. on Friday at Island Beach State Park.
Officials say they were told it was the man’s first time swimming in the ocean. He is described as Caucasian with dark hair and was wearing red shorts.
The Coast Guard suspended their search after searching for six hours, covering more than 17 square miles with several Coast Guard boats, local responders and a helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Cincinnati Zoo Incident Sparks Question: Should Parents Leash Their Toddlers?
- Boy Falling In Gorilla Enclosure At Ohio Zoo Prompts Safety Conversation At Phila. Zoo
- General Mills Recalls 10 Million Pounds Of Flour Over Possible E. Coli Link
- Alligator Discovered In Campground Lake In Ocean County, NJ
- PA State Police Report More Than 800 Crashes Over Memorial Day Weekend