ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK, NJ (CBS) – The Coast Guard has suspended their search for a 25-year-old man who was reported missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach.
The 25-year-old swimmer reportedly went missing around 11:50 a.m. on Friday at Island Beach State Park.
Officials say they were told it was the man’s first time swimming in the ocean. He is described as Caucasian with dark hair and was wearing red shorts.
The Coast Guard suspended their search after searching for six hours, covering more than 17 square miles with several Coast Guard boats, local responders and a helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- NJ Students’ Tragic Death Inspires Bill Addressing Speed Limits Near Schools
- Obamacare Premiums Ready To Soar
- Wordsworth Academy To Cease Operations After Teen’s Death At Facility
- SEPTA Offers Amnesty To Man Who Took Camera Left Behind At Subway
- Police: Suspect Jumps Into Schuylkill River During Chase, Now In Custody