Coast Guard Suspends Search For 25-Year-Old Swimmer Missing Off Island Beach State Park
ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK, NJ (CBS) – The Coast Guard has suspended their search for a 25-year-old man who was reported missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach.
The 25-year-old swimmer reportedly went missing around 11:50 a.m. on Friday at Island Beach State Park.
Officials say they were told it was the man’s first time swimming in the ocean. He is described as Caucasian with dark hair and was wearing red shorts.
The Coast Guard suspended their search after searching for six hours, covering more than 17 square miles with several Coast Guard boats, local responders and a helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Registration Now Open For One Of Philadelphia’s Biggest Races
- April Fools! Local Expert Weighs In On Pros And Cons Of Pulling A Prank
- Allergy Season Is Here, And It Could Be Worse Than Usual
- City Council Up In Arms Over Nutter Administration Property Reassessment Plans
- Community Comes Together To Show Support For Young Girl Battling Cancer