Coast Guard Suspends Search For 25-Year-Old Swimmer Missing Off Island Beach State Park
ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK, NJ (CBS) – The Coast Guard has suspended their search for a 25-year-old man who was reported missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach.
The 25-year-old swimmer reportedly went missing around 11:50 a.m. on Friday at Island Beach State Park.
Officials say they were told it was the man’s first time swimming in the ocean. He is described as Caucasian with dark hair and was wearing red shorts.
The Coast Guard suspended their search after searching for six hours, covering more than 17 square miles with several Coast Guard boats, local responders and a helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Joint Trial For Pair Charged In Deadly Center City Building Collapse
- Manhunt In Trooper Ambush Case Closes Schools
- Social Media Users Help ID Suspects In Assault Of Same-Sex Couple In Center City
- Ken Trujillo Announces Run For Philadelphia Mayor
- 8-Year-Old Girl Killed In High-Rise Building Fall In West Philadelphia