ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK, NJ (CBS) – The Coast Guard has suspended their search for a 25-year-old man who was reported missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach.
The 25-year-old swimmer reportedly went missing around 11:50 a.m. on Friday at Island Beach State Park.
Officials say they were told it was the man’s first time swimming in the ocean. He is described as Caucasian with dark hair and was wearing red shorts.
The Coast Guard suspended their search after searching for six hours, covering more than 17 square miles with several Coast Guard boats, local responders and a helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Day One Of DNC Featured Multiple Speakers, Multiple Issues
- More E. Coli Cases Prompt General Mills Flour Recall Expansion
- Protests Stifle Some Businesses In Philadelphia
- Sarah Silverman At DNC: ‘To The Bernie Or Bust People, You’re Being Ridiculous’
- Mississippi Flag Removed From Avenue Of The States After Complaints