PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — There is no secret that the Phillies are entertaining trade talks and Jonathan Papelbon has been one name that has came up as a prime trade candidate. According to ESPN La’s Mark Saxon, the Dodgers are gearing up to make a run at Papelbon to strengthen their bullpen.
Papelbon did not mince words when he said that he would welcome a trade to a contender and that his no trade clause would not stand in the way of him pitching for a team with postseason aspirations.
The Dodgers obviously fall under that category. The team is 54-43 and have the National League’s best record.
The Phillies will demand the Dodgers to part with at least one top flight prospect for Papelbon. The hard throwing righty has been one of the more reliable arms in a bullpen that has indeed experienced some ups and downs. Papelbon is boasting a 1.21 ERA with 22 saves in 24 opportunities.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Report: Ben Simmons’ Season In Doubt After CT Scan
- Best In Sports: Villanova Sweeps 2017 Gallen Awards
- McNabb: Owens Will Get In HOF But Should ‘Stop Talking About It’
- Pete Rose On Phillies’ Wall Of Fame Ballot
- CBS Sports’ Jim Spanarkel On #13 Florida-#11 Kentucky SEC Rematch