COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a home was destroyed in an explosion in the city of Coatesville, but no injuries were immediately reported.
Police and fire crews said they believe no one was inside the residence at the time of the blast shortly before 11:30 a.m. Thursday. The home located at South 5th Avenue and Walnut Street.
The Daily Local News of West Chester said PECO crews were taking down utility lines as a precaution.
Officials said the two-story home collapsed after the explosion.
The cause is under investigation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Raymour & Flanigan Driver Killed By Falling Metal Conduit Inside Tunnel
- Worker Dies After Forklift Falls In Water In New Castle County
- Former Radnor Township Commissioner Indicted On Federal Child Porn Charges
- Several Restaurants Offering Specials For National Margarita Day
- New Social Media Challenge Has People Taking Pictures At Home Decor Stores