Explosion Levels Coatesville Home; No Injuries Reported
COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a home was destroyed in an explosion in the city of Coatesville, but no injuries were immediately reported.
Police and fire crews said they believe no one was inside the residence at the time of the blast shortly before 11:30 a.m. Thursday. The home located at South 5th Avenue and Walnut Street.
The Daily Local News of West Chester said PECO crews were taking down utility lines as a precaution.
Officials said the two-story home collapsed after the explosion.
The cause is under investigation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Owner Charged After 2 Donkeys Found Dumped Off The Road In New Jersey
- Lyft Gets Pa. Regulatory Nod…Except In Philly
- New Monmouth University Poll Finds ‘Deep Racial Divide’ On Alleged Racism In The Judicial Process
- Report: NJ Among States Least-prepared For Outbreaks
- Survey: E-Cigarettes Surpass Regular Cigs In Teen Use