Explosion Levels Coatesville Home; No Injuries Reported
COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a home was destroyed in an explosion in the city of Coatesville, but no injuries were immediately reported.
Police and fire crews said they believe no one was inside the residence at the time of the blast shortly before 11:30 a.m. Thursday. The home located at South 5th Avenue and Walnut Street.
The Daily Local News of West Chester said PECO crews were taking down utility lines as a precaution.
Officials said the two-story home collapsed after the explosion.
The cause is under investigation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Amazon Pushing Prime Service With Day Of Deals, ‘Prime Day’
- Study: Napping During The Workday Could Result In Better Productivity, Safety
- 140 Pairs Of Underwear Stolen From Northeastern Pa. Store In 4 Heists
- Police Searching For Man Who Robbed Popular Cobbs Creek Cheesesteak Shop 3 Times
- Doctors: Del. Family Sickened By Pesticide While Vacationing Will Probably Not Recover