Explosion Levels Coatesville Home; No Injuries Reported
COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a home was destroyed in an explosion in the city of Coatesville, but no injuries were immediately reported.
Police and fire crews said they believe no one was inside the residence at the time of the blast shortly before 11:30 a.m. Thursday. The home located at South 5th Avenue and Walnut Street.
The Daily Local News of West Chester said PECO crews were taking down utility lines as a precaution.
Officials said the two-story home collapsed after the explosion.
The cause is under investigation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Facebook Introduces New Feature To Help Prevent Suicide
- Internet Activists Use Grumpy Cat In Aerial Jab At Comcast
- Pa. Among Top 10 States With The Worst Taxes For The Average American
- Dog On The Tracks Disrupts SEPTA Service To 69th Street Station
- Study: Super-long Eyelashes Might Be Pretty, But They Could Be Harmful To Your Eyes