COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a home was destroyed in an explosion in the city of Coatesville, but no injuries were immediately reported.
Police and fire crews said they believe no one was inside the residence at the time of the blast shortly before 11:30 a.m. Thursday. The home located at South 5th Avenue and Walnut Street.
The Daily Local News of West Chester said PECO crews were taking down utility lines as a precaution.
Officials said the two-story home collapsed after the explosion.
The cause is under investigation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Python Bites Thai Man’s Penis In Terrifying Toilet Encounter
- Study: Six Hour Workdays Make Workers Happier, More Efficient
- Researchers: Some Pains Can Be Caused By “Dormant Butt Syndrome”
- Born In ’97, World’s First Surviving Septuplets Graduate High School
- Detroit Police Department Calls Out Philly Police To Running Man Challenge