COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a home was destroyed in an explosion in the city of Coatesville, but no injuries were immediately reported.
Police and fire crews said they believe no one was inside the residence at the time of the blast shortly before 11:30 a.m. Thursday. The home located at South 5th Avenue and Walnut Street.
The Daily Local News of West Chester said PECO crews were taking down utility lines as a precaution.
Officials said the two-story home collapsed after the explosion.
The cause is under investigation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Cherry Hill Native Among Sailors Missing Following USS John McCain Collision
- Police: Woman’s Tinder Date Steals Dog From Home She Was House-Sitting
- Rabbi Accused Of Stealing Special Needs School Money Takes Temporary Leave
- Boy With Heart Transplant Dies On First Day Of School
- African Countries Are Importing Robots And Young People’s Jobs Are At Risk