Explosion Levels Coatesville Home; No Injuries Reported
COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a home was destroyed in an explosion in the city of Coatesville, but no injuries were immediately reported.
Police and fire crews said they believe no one was inside the residence at the time of the blast shortly before 11:30 a.m. Thursday. The home located at South 5th Avenue and Walnut Street.
The Daily Local News of West Chester said PECO crews were taking down utility lines as a precaution.
Officials said the two-story home collapsed after the explosion.
The cause is under investigation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Just In Time For Made In America, Young Cancer Patient At CHOP Covers Jay Z In Hopes Of Meeting The Rapper
- 3 Philadelphia Creations On List Of America’s 15 Most Outrageous Foods
- Controversial Toronto Mayor Dances His Troubles Away
- 5 South Jersey Counties Make Top 15 In List Of Most Dangerous In The U.S.
- Bruce Springsteen Is Publishing A Children’s Book