PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two men are hospitalized in critical condition following a shooting in North Philadelphia.
It happened shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday at North 4th Street and West Cumberland Street.
Philadelphia police say a 23-year-old man was shot in the back and leg and a 27-year-old man was shot three times, including twice in the back of his head. Police say there were at least 15 shots fired. Both victims were rushed to Temple University Hospital by police and are listed in critical condition.
Police say the gunman was last seen driving a silver pickup.
“The driver got out of the driver’s door and as the Maxima drove by, the shooter from point blank range, fired shots while standing on the street,” Chief Inspector Scott Small of Philadelphia Police said.
No arrests have been made at this time.
Detectives are investigating what sparked the shooting.
You may also be interested in:
- Authorities: Priest Catches Couple Having Sex At Church
- Philadelphia DA Finds 2016 Fatal Police-Involved Shooting Of Richard Ferretti ‘Justified’
- Police Investigating Sudden Death Of 14-Year-Old Girl In East Germantown
- PSPCA Ride-Along Shows Front Line Of Fighting Against Animal Cruelty
- Caught On Camera: Cat Clings To Van Going 60 MPH