PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two men are hospitalized in critical condition following a shooting in North Philadelphia.
It happened shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday at North 4th Street and West Cumberland Street.
Philadelphia police say a 23-year-old man was shot in the back and leg and a 27-year-old man was shot three times, including twice in the back of his head. Police say there were at least 15 shots fired. Both victims were rushed to Temple University Hospital by police and are listed in critical condition.
Police say the gunman was last seen driving a silver pickup.
“The driver got out of the driver’s door and as the Maxima drove by, the shooter from point blank range, fired shots while standing on the street,” Chief Inspector Scott Small of Philadelphia Police said.
No arrests have been made at this time.
Detectives are investigating what sparked the shooting.
You may also be interested in:
- Pennsylvania’s Deer Season For Hunters With Rifles Starts
- Amazon Unveils New Drone Designed For Faster Deliveries
- Friends And Family Come Together As Local Man Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Officials: 3 Dead In Murder-Suicide Inside Montgomery County Home
- Holiday Shopping Frenzy Continues On Cyber Monday