PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An underground transformer explosion rattled a center city neighborhood Tuesday.
The underground transformer at 18th and Sansom Streets blew at about 4:30 a.m. causing a small fire. The incident was quickly placed under control by PECO, but customers in the area were impacted by a power outage.
The cause remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘No Life Left In Her’: Teen Girl Dies From Injuries Sustained In Maryland School Shooting
- Broadway’s Hit ‘Hamilton’ Is Coming To Philly; Ticket Packages On Sale Now
- US Postal Service Immortalizes Mister Rogers With A Forever Stamp
- Philly Wine Week Returns For Fourth Year
- Craigslist Shuts Down Its Personals Section