PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An underground transformer explosion rattled a center city neighborhood Tuesday.
The underground transformer at 18th and Sansom Streets blew at about 4:30 a.m. causing a small fire. The incident was quickly placed under control by PECO, but customers in the area were impacted by a power outage.
The cause remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- MontCo Man Arrested For Selling Stolen Items In Jewelers’ Row Store
- Non-Profit Looking To Dispose Of Older Thermostats
- PCOM Innovation Fund Makes Investment In Patient Access Startup
- Applications For Pa. Medical Marijuana Growers, Dispensaries Now Online
- Who’s Running For NJ Governor? Most Residents Don’t Have A Clue