PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An underground transformer explosion rattled a center city neighborhood Tuesday.
The underground transformer at 18th and Sansom Streets blew at about 4:30 a.m. causing a small fire. The incident was quickly placed under control by PECO, but customers in the area were impacted by a power outage.
The cause remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Winning Numbers To $758 Million Powerball Jackpot Announced
- Police Make Arrest After Swastikas Found In Coatesville; Suspect Wanted In Delaware
- $35,000 Reward Offered In 2016 Murder Of Chester County Woman
- Sen. Whelan Died From Heart Attack; Was Prepping For Netflix Interview About AC
- Delaware’s Punkin Chunkin Contest Canceled Amid Pending Lawsuit