PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An underground transformer explosion rattled a center city neighborhood Tuesday.
The underground transformer at 18th and Sansom Streets blew at about 4:30 a.m. causing a small fire. The incident was quickly placed under control by PECO, but customers in the area were impacted by a power outage.
The cause remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Black Friday Madness A Game For Some
- Liver Transplant Recipient Shown Comfort At The Gift Of Life House Pays It Forward For Thanksgiving
- PPA Offers Free And Discounted Parking For Philadelphia Shoppers During Holiday Season
- Airlines Hoping To Woo Customers Invest In More Entertainment Options
- Uber Offers Breathalyzer Kiosk, Free Rides In Manayunk On Thanksgiving Eve