Cops: Loaded Gun Found In 11-Month-Old’s Bag At NJ Daycare Center
CAMDEN N.J., (CBS) – Camden County Police say a man has been arrested after a loaded handgun was allegedly found in his 11-month-old daughter’s nursery bag at a daycare center.
Police say an officer responded to the El Centro Day Care Center on the 400 block of Martin Luther King Boulevard shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday where a worker saw a gun inside a child’s nursery bag.
According to police, the officer recovered the weapon, a Jimenez Arms 9mm handgun, loaded with hollow point rounds and reported stolen out of Philadelphia.
Following an investigation by detectives, police say the child’s father, Rakeem Williams, 25, of Lindenwold, was arrested.
Williams was charged with Unlawful Possession of a Weapon and other related offenses.
Williams was remanded to the county jail with bail set at $50,000 cash or bond.
Police say the New Jersey Department of Child Protection & Permanency was contacted on behalf of the child and her sibling.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- No Bids At Parking Authority Taxi Medallion Auction
- Positively Philadelphia: Penn Museum’s Treasures Sale and Show
- City Councilman Says It’s High Time Philadelphia Takes Stock Of All Historic Buildings In The City
- Allowances, Kids Love It And Parents Often Forget To Hand It Out—Now There’s An App For That!
- Poll Suggests Efforts To Turn AC’s Image Around Not Working As Well As Proponents Might Hope