PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating after a woman’s body was found in a duffel bag in North Philadelphia.
Lieutenant John Stanford says a man was picking through trash early Monday in the 2200 block of North 3rd Street. That’s where police say he found the body of a woman in her 20s.
The discovery was made around 5 a.m. outside a vacant house.
“They found an unidentified 22-year-old Hispanic female inside of a trash bag, and then inside of a duffel bag. It appears that her hands and her feet had been bound together. She was pronounced on the scene,” Captain James Clark of Philadelphia Police said in an exclusive interview with CBS 3.
“I have detectives out there now, we’re canvassing the area for media that maybe can help us with this,” Clark said.
Earlier Monday morning, police say a car was found torched around 3 a.m. in the 1600 block of South Bambrey Street in Grays Ferry. Police are investigating if this was the vehicle of the victim.
There is no word yet on the cause of death or the victim’s identity.
The incident remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in:
- Montia Sabbag Claims She’s Not Trying To Extort Kevin Hart
- Facebook Gives $1 Million To Help Victims Of Mexico Earthquake
- Deaf Dog Displaced By Hurricane Irma Searching For Forever Home
- Hackers Targeting Realtors, Homeowners With Email Scams
- Students To Return To Class Friday As Methacton School District, Teachers Agree To Non-Binding Arbitration