Woman’s Body Found In Duffel Bag In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating after a woman’s body was found in a duffel bag in North Philadelphia.
Lieutenant John Stanford says a man was picking through trash early Monday in the 2200 block of North 3rd Street. That’s where police say he found the body of a woman in her 20s.
The discovery was made around 5 a.m. outside a vacant house.
“They found an unidentified 22-year-old Hispanic female inside of a trash bag, and then inside of a duffel bag. It appears that her hands and her feet had been bound together. She was pronounced on the scene,” Captain James Clark of Philadelphia Police said in an exclusive interview with CBS 3.
“I have detectives out there now, we’re canvassing the area for media that maybe can help us with this,” Clark said.
Earlier Monday morning, police say a car was found torched around 3 a.m. in the 1600 block of South Bambrey Street in Grays Ferry. Police are investigating if this was the vehicle of the victim.
There is no word yet on the cause of death or the victim’s identity.
The incident remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in:
- Emergency Management Team Tasked With Reviving Atlantic City Has Some Worried About Job Cuts
- Montgomery County Woman Accused Of Stealing Thousands From Cub Scouts And Girl Scouts
- Philadelphia City Council Candidate Hijacks Domain Names To Steer Voters From His Opponent
- Police: Woman Fatally Shot In Southwest Philadelphia
- Val Arkoosh Set to Be Sworn in As Replacement Montgomery County Commissioner