GLENOLDEN, Pa., (CBS) – A teenager in Delaware County was struck by lightning and rushed to the hospital.
Police say it happened on Ashland Avenue in Glenolden Monday evening.
According to family friends, the 14-year-old had just stepped out of his house to head over to his aunt’s house. CBS 3 is told his finger was struck by lightning when he was getting into his friend’s car.
He was conscious when paramedics rushed him to Crozer-Chester Medical Center.
Late Monday, friends told Eyewitness News, he was in good condition and was waiting to be transferred to a children’s hospital.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Top 5 Biggest Cities In America: Philly Slips In The Ranking
- Man Accused Of Punching Man With Cerebral Palsy Wanted For Probation Violation
- WARNING: Parasite ‘Crypto’ Could Be In Your Swimming Pool, CDC Says
- Consequences Of SEPTA’s New Ad Policy
- State House Appropriations Committee Investigating DNC Funds