GLENOLDEN, Pa., (CBS) – A teenager in Delaware County was struck by lightning and rushed to the hospital.
Police say it happened on Ashland Avenue in Glenolden Monday evening.
According to family friends, the 14-year-old had just stepped out of his house to head over to his aunt’s house. CBS 3 is told his finger was struck by lightning when he was getting into his friend’s car.
He was conscious when paramedics rushed him to Crozer-Chester Medical Center.
Late Monday, friends told Eyewitness News, he was in good condition and was waiting to be transferred to a children’s hospital.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Social Media Erupts During First Presidential Debate
- Clinton vs. Trump: The Most Memorable One-Liners
- Clinton, Trump Battle Fiercely Over Taxes, Race, Terror
- Testimony: Port Authority Officials Planned To Make Bridgegate Traffic Jam ‘As Bad As Possible’
- Judges Delay Menendez Decision Pending Supreme Court Appeal