Teen Struck By Lightning In Delaware County
GLENOLDEN, Pa., (CBS) – A teenager in Delaware County was struck by lightning and rushed to the hospital.
Police say it happened on Ashland Avenue in Glenolden Monday evening.
According to family friends, the 14-year-old had just stepped out of his house to head over to his aunt’s house. CBS 3 is told his finger was struck by lightning when he was getting into his friend’s car.
He was conscious when paramedics rushed him to Crozer-Chester Medical Center.
Late Monday, friends told Eyewitness News, he was in good condition and was waiting to be transferred to a children’s hospital.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Police Cruiser And Taxi Cab Collide In West Philadelphia
- Singers Gather For First Choir Practice For Papal Performance
- Two Sea Lions Born At Six Flag Great Adventure In Ocean County
- Exclusive: Boyfriend Of Port Richmond Mother Fatally Shot Speaks Out
- Officials: Allentown Building Evacuated Due To Carbon Monoxide Detection