Teen Struck By Lightning In Delaware County
GLENOLDEN, Pa., (CBS) – A teenager in Delaware County was struck by lightning and rushed to the hospital.
Police say it happened on Ashland Avenue in Glenolden Monday evening.
According to family friends, the 14-year-old had just stepped out of his house to head over to his aunt’s house. CBS 3 is told his finger was struck by lightning when he was getting into his friend’s car.
He was conscious when paramedics rushed him to Crozer-Chester Medical Center.
Late Monday, friends told Eyewitness News, he was in good condition and was waiting to be transferred to a children’s hospital.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Philadelphia Man Charged With Murder In Stabbing Death Of Nicki Minaj Crew Member
- Speed Limits Reduced On Several Area Roadways Due To Winter Weather Conditions
- Pa. High Court Takes Up Gov. Wolf’s Death Penalty Moratorium
- Could We See The Biggest Snowstorm Of The Season This Week?
- New Accusations Surface Against Chester County Priest Charged With Explicit Exchanges With Minors