Sixers Fall To Cavs In Summer League Action
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers fell to 1-1 in the Samsung NBA Summer League as they lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers 86-77 on Monday night. The Cavaliers advanced to 3-0 with the victory.
Nerlens Noel (rest) and K.J. McDaniels (ankle) returned to action for the Sixers following stints on the sidelines. Noel registered 12 points, six rebounds and four blocked shots, while McDaniels chipped in seven points.
Second round pick Jordan McRae led the way for the Sixers with 18 points and four steals.
The number one overall pick in the draft, Andrew Wiggins dropped only 10 points, but had the most memorable play of the night with a well executed baseline spin move and dunk.
The Cavaliers were led on the night by Matthew Dellavedova who scored 19 points.
The Sixers next Summer League game is Tuesday night at 8 p.m. against the Phoenix Suns.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- CBS Sports’ Solomon Wilcots: Saints’ Offensive Line Is Deteriorating In Front Of Brees
- Temple Football Announces Game vs. Notre Dame Is Sold Out
- Eagles Add OL Tanner Hawkinson, Release Julian Vandervelde
- Roy Halladay Defends Chase Utley Following Suspension
- Barwin On Monday Night Vs. Giants: ‘I Can Start To Feel It’