PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers fell to 1-1 in the Samsung NBA Summer League as they lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers 86-77 on Monday night. The Cavaliers advanced to 3-0 with the victory.
Nerlens Noel (rest) and K.J. McDaniels (ankle) returned to action for the Sixers following stints on the sidelines. Noel registered 12 points, six rebounds and four blocked shots, while McDaniels chipped in seven points.
Second round pick Jordan McRae led the way for the Sixers with 18 points and four steals.
The number one overall pick in the draft, Andrew Wiggins dropped only 10 points, but had the most memorable play of the night with a well executed baseline spin move and dunk.
The Cavaliers were led on the night by Matthew Dellavedova who scored 19 points.
The Sixers next Summer League game is Tuesday night at 8 p.m. against the Phoenix Suns.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- On Your Mark: Penn Relays Set To Begin At Franklin Field
- Temple’s Haason Reddick: From Underdog To Top NFL Prospect
- Malcolm Jenkins Foundation To Host Draft Party At XFINITY Live Thursday Night
- NFL Draft Experience: How Fans Should Game Plan
- ‘My Eyes Are My Career’: Carson Wentz Undergoes Vision Correction Surgery