Prepare To Pay More To Fly As TSA Fees Go Up Next Week
By Michelle Durham
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Planning to fly soon? You better book those flights this week because tickets purchased next Monday will cost you more.
TSA Spokesperson Mike McCarthy says the bi-partisan budget agreement in 2013 restructured the passenger fee:
“Right now the fee is $2.50 per leg of a connecting flight. Capped at $5 per one way trip, $10 per round trip. Now it will be a a flat rate of $5.60 per one way trip, $11.20 per round trip.”
McCarthy says these fees go to cover the enormous cost of aviation security.
Christine Novelli of Just To Travel in King of Prussia says travelers will take it in stride:
“Today the consumer is so educated…so no one is really surprised.”
Novelli says business is booming and more Delaware Valley travelers are moving out of their comfort zones to select vacation spots in the South Pacific.
- PennDOT Gears Up For Winter
- Students From ‘The Mount’ Invited To Liberty Medal Ceremony After YouTube Video Goes Viral
- Weekend Box Office Report: Victory For ‘Fury’
- Gunmen Tie Up 6 People During North Philly Home Invasion
- NJ Man Found Fatally Shot Behind Wheel Of Minivan
- Prosecutors: NJ Doctor Diverted Millions In Earnings
- Pedestrian Struck By Car In Burlington County
- Gunmen Steal Over $16K, Lock Employees In Freezer At Delco Chickie’s & Pete’s
- Bucks County Police Investigate Deadly Beating
- Expert: Local Ebola Panic Completely Unwarranted