Prepare To Pay More To Fly As TSA Fees Go Up Next Week
By Michelle Durham
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Planning to fly soon? You better book those flights this week because tickets purchased next Monday will cost you more.
TSA Spokesperson Mike McCarthy says the bi-partisan budget agreement in 2013 restructured the passenger fee:
“Right now the fee is $2.50 per leg of a connecting flight. Capped at $5 per one way trip, $10 per round trip. Now it will be a a flat rate of $5.60 per one way trip, $11.20 per round trip.”
McCarthy says these fees go to cover the enormous cost of aviation security.
Christine Novelli of Just To Travel in King of Prussia says travelers will take it in stride:
“Today the consumer is so educated…so no one is really surprised.”
Novelli says business is booming and more Delaware Valley travelers are moving out of their comfort zones to select vacation spots in the South Pacific.
- Del. County Church Collecting Shoes For Haiti, Uganda
- New Chair At County Prosecutors Association Of New Jersey Hails From Gloucester County
- Locally Based Non-profit That Provides After School Programs In Public Schools Gets Major Boost
- Gravediggers’ Ball Fundraiser For Laurel Hill Cemetery Marks 10 Years
- Police Investigate Burglaries In Lower Gwynedd Township
- Police Investigate Shooting In Northern Liberties
- New Protective Gear For Philadelphia First Responders
- Man Found Guilty Of Assault On Police Officer In Delaware County
- Evenflo Recalls More Than 200,000 Infant Seats
- New York, New Jersey Issue Stronger Ebola Quarantine