Prepare To Pay More To Fly As TSA Fees Go Up Next Week
By Michelle Durham
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Planning to fly soon? You better book those flights this week because tickets purchased next Monday will cost you more.
TSA Spokesperson Mike McCarthy says the bi-partisan budget agreement in 2013 restructured the passenger fee:
“Right now the fee is $2.50 per leg of a connecting flight. Capped at $5 per one way trip, $10 per round trip. Now it will be a a flat rate of $5.60 per one way trip, $11.20 per round trip.”
McCarthy says these fees go to cover the enormous cost of aviation security.
Christine Novelli of Just To Travel in King of Prussia says travelers will take it in stride:
“Today the consumer is so educated…so no one is really surprised.”
Novelli says business is booming and more Delaware Valley travelers are moving out of their comfort zones to select vacation spots in the South Pacific.
- Delaware State Police Search For Man Who Robbed Wilmington Bank
- Fire Rips Through Sports Bar, Spreads To Two Vacant Homes In Kensington
- Two Men Sought In Upper Darby Home Invasion
- Lafayette College’s Hard-Working Sports PA Announcer Heading For Retirement
- Today Marks National Adoption Day And Camden County Is Celebrating Nearly 23 Approved Adoptions