By Michelle Durham
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Planning to fly soon? You better book those flights this week because tickets purchased next Monday will cost you more.
TSA Spokesperson Mike McCarthy says the bi-partisan budget agreement in 2013 restructured the passenger fee:
“Right now the fee is $2.50 per leg of a connecting flight. Capped at $5 per one way trip, $10 per round trip. Now it will be a a flat rate of $5.60 per one way trip, $11.20 per round trip.”
McCarthy says these fees go to cover the enormous cost of aviation security.
Christine Novelli of Just To Travel in King of Prussia says travelers will take it in stride:
“Today the consumer is so educated…so no one is really surprised.”
Novelli says business is booming and more Delaware Valley travelers are moving out of their comfort zones to select vacation spots in the South Pacific.
- Inauguration In Sight, Trump Continues Twitter Assault
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘Hidden Figures’ Races To The Top
- 16-Year-Old Boy Fatally Shot In Head
- Trump Promises His ACA Replacement Plan Will Cover All
- Philadelphia Writers Celebrate Free Expression
- Trump Renews Attacks On ‘SNL,’ Right On Cue
- Horsham Family Physician Team Retires After 56 Years
- Local STEM Orientated Preschool Empowers Women In Science, Engineering, Math
- Former Mob Reporter Reacts To “Little Nicky” Scarfo Death
- Protesters And Politicians Defend ACA At North Philadelphia Rally