Prepare To Pay More To Fly As TSA Fees Go Up Next Week
By Michelle Durham
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Planning to fly soon? You better book those flights this week because tickets purchased next Monday will cost you more.
TSA Spokesperson Mike McCarthy says the bi-partisan budget agreement in 2013 restructured the passenger fee:
“Right now the fee is $2.50 per leg of a connecting flight. Capped at $5 per one way trip, $10 per round trip. Now it will be a a flat rate of $5.60 per one way trip, $11.20 per round trip.”
McCarthy says these fees go to cover the enormous cost of aviation security.
Christine Novelli of Just To Travel in King of Prussia says travelers will take it in stride:
“Today the consumer is so educated…so no one is really surprised.”
Novelli says business is booming and more Delaware Valley travelers are moving out of their comfort zones to select vacation spots in the South Pacific.
- Vehicle Reportedly Plunges Into Delaware River Near Penn’s Landing
- Lightning Suspected In Fire That Destroyed Campground Building In Chester County
- A Taste Of Autumn Tonight And Tomorrow
- 1 Reportedly Dead After Dump Truck And Vehicle Collide In Hatboro
- DA: Sixers Legend Charles Barkley Offers To Pay For Funeral Of 3 Children Killed In Carjacking Crash
- Two Men Charged In Carjacking Crash That Killed Three Children
- Prosecutor: Trenton Man Sentenced To 28-Years For Kidnapping And Sexual Assault
- Senator Casey Calls On Congress To Provide Long-term Fix For Highway Trust Fund
- Police Search For Angry Dad Who Punched Man At Upper Darby Wawa
- Eagles Fans Get Up Close Look At Improvements To Linc