Prepare To Pay More To Fly As TSA Fees Go Up Next Week
By Michelle Durham
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Planning to fly soon? You better book those flights this week because tickets purchased next Monday will cost you more.
TSA Spokesperson Mike McCarthy says the bi-partisan budget agreement in 2013 restructured the passenger fee:
“Right now the fee is $2.50 per leg of a connecting flight. Capped at $5 per one way trip, $10 per round trip. Now it will be a a flat rate of $5.60 per one way trip, $11.20 per round trip.”
McCarthy says these fees go to cover the enormous cost of aviation security.
Christine Novelli of Just To Travel in King of Prussia says travelers will take it in stride:
“Today the consumer is so educated…so no one is really surprised.”
Novelli says business is booming and more Delaware Valley travelers are moving out of their comfort zones to select vacation spots in the South Pacific.
- Don’t Rain On Anyone’s Parade
- Police: Male Shot In The Face In Frankford
- Manhunt Continues For Suspects In Deadly Carjacking Crash That Killed 3 Children
- Local Gaming Expert Weighs In On Revel Casino’s Future
- Young Women Learn About Music and Electronics in Hands-On Workshop
- Sentencing For Airline Employee Who Made Skies Friendly…For A Violent Drug Gang
- Maryland Casino To Host Job Fairs In Atlantic City
- 3 Children Killed, 3 Injured In North Philadelphia Hit-Run; $110K Reward Offered
- Arrest Made In Death Of Woman Found In Camden County
- Del. Man Allegedly Cross-Dressed To Rob Md. Bank