Prepare To Pay More To Fly As TSA Fees Go Up Next Week
By Michelle Durham
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Planning to fly soon? You better book those flights this week because tickets purchased next Monday will cost you more.
TSA Spokesperson Mike McCarthy says the bi-partisan budget agreement in 2013 restructured the passenger fee:
“Right now the fee is $2.50 per leg of a connecting flight. Capped at $5 per one way trip, $10 per round trip. Now it will be a a flat rate of $5.60 per one way trip, $11.20 per round trip.”
McCarthy says these fees go to cover the enormous cost of aviation security.
Christine Novelli of Just To Travel in King of Prussia says travelers will take it in stride:
“Today the consumer is so educated…so no one is really surprised.”
Novelli says business is booming and more Delaware Valley travelers are moving out of their comfort zones to select vacation spots in the South Pacific.
- California Chrome Expected To Make Comeback At Local Racetrack
- Taney Dragons Parade Throughout City To Celebrate LLWS Run
- Local 9-Year-Old Competitive Shooter, Her Father Weigh In On Arizona Gun Range Accident
- PSPCA Rescues 3 Dogs From West Oak Lane Home
- Husband Shoots Wife Inside NJ Hospital; Son Found Dead In Family Home
- Police Investigate Interrupted Burglary In Haverford Township
- 22 Bags Of Pedigree Dry Dog Food Recalled
- Girl Abducted From West Philadelphia School Testifies
- Taney Dragons Reflect On The Memory Of A Lifetime
- Bodies Of Two Men Found In Schuylkill River; Third Man Found Stabbed