PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Drumroll, please: Credit Donkey has compiled a list of the top 10 cities to live in Pennsylvania.
The research, which looked at five factors (crime rate, commute time, income, education and restaurants per capita), was published last week on the company’s website.
Here’s the list:
7. Oil City
As you can see, there are very few spots in our area, and Philadelphia doesn’t make the list (surprise, surprise).
And while some of these picks might seem a bit…odd, Credit Donkey does explain its rationale behind the number one pick, Hermitage.
“Hermitage earns our vote as the best city to live in Pennsylvania for several reasons,” CreditDonkey says. “First, crime is extremely low, with the odds of becoming the victim of a violent act 1 in 577. The average commute time is under 18 minutes, and residents earn more than $50,000 a year on average. The city is highly educated, with nearly 20% of residents having attended some college, and local restaurants offer something for every palate. Add in affordable housing and a below average cost of living and you’ve got a recipe for a great place to call home.”
To see the full list, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Does Proper Grammar Matter? Study Says It Does When It Comes To Getting A Date
- Rutgers Apologizes For Banning Students From Job Fair For Wearing Wrong-Colored Suits
- Tesla Driver Risks His Own Safety To Save Unconscious Driver
- Man Accused Of Plotting To Blow Up Several East Coast Target Stores To Lower Company’s Stock Value
- Woman Uses Powerful Photo Of Over 450 IVF Needles To Reveal Pregnancy