CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wheeler: Why The Phillies Have To Keep Ryan Howard
- Baseball, Civil Rights History Now On Display In Philadelphia
- NBA Insider: ‘Very High Likelihood’ 76ers Trade Okafor Or Noel
- Soul Set To Roll Into Cleveland
- Doug Pederson Ranked 3rd Worst Coach In NFL
- 94WIP’s Glen Macnow Inducted Into Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall Of Fame
- 94WIP Hosts Split Over Ben Simmons Vs. Brandon Ingram
- Phil Martelli: ‘I Would Take Simmons’
- TV Show To Feature Search For Wilt’s 100-Point Game Ball
- Herrera’s Homer Helps Phillies To 8-5 Win Over Tigers