Union Blow Late Lead, Settle For 3-3 Draw Against Colorado
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Sixers To Acquire Nik Stauskas, Jason Thompson And Carl Landry From Kings
- Brewers Take Third Straight Against Phillies, 9-5
- FANtastic Philly: CBP Employee Returns The Smile To A Young Phillies Fan
- Larry Andersen Says Phillies Competing Again Is Not ‘That Far Off’
- WATCH: Nerlens Noel Dunks On Young Fan At Hoops Camp
- NBA Free Agency: 16 Hours In, Over $500 Million Dollars Spent
- Philly Soccer Show: Union and US Women Both Win
- Aaron Harang Looks To Snap Losing Streak, Phils Host Brewers
- Flyers Sign Goalie Michal Neuvirth
- 4 Contract Clauses Almost As Crazy As Bobby Bonilla’s