Union Blow Late Lead, Settle For 3-3 Draw Against Colorado
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jerry Sandusky Is Denied $4,900-A-Month Pension
- Musicians + Sports: Darius Rucker Lives for Football: See His Pregame Soundtrack
- St. Joseph Prep’s John Reid Is The 2014 Player Of The Year
- Utley On Rollins: ‘I Will Miss Our Pre-Game Handshake’
- Phillies Trade Jimmy Rollins To Dodgers
- WWE Diva Naomi Proves Fake Pro Wrestling Storylines Aren’t As Fake As You Think
- Keidel: Manny And Mayweather In May?
- 94WIP Morning Show Winners And Weasels For December 19th, 2014
- Five Things: Titans Vs. Jaguars Thursday Night Roundup
- Dick Vermeil Trashes Chris Christie: ‘How Dumb Can A Governor Be?’