Union Blow Late Lead, Settle For 3-3 Draw Against Colorado
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eagles’ GM Roseman Addresses Cuts
- K Henery Among 19 Cut As Eagles Set 53-Man Roster
- Panthers Crush Delaware In Opener 62-0
- Penn State Tops UCF 26-24 With Last-Second FG
- Second Year For Eddie Lacy Could Push Packers To NFL’s Most Balanced Offense
- Taney Dragons Transition From Little League Stars To Regular Schoolkids
- Campbell: Eagles, Phillies Updates
- Villanova Football Loses Nail Biter To Syracuse
- Mets Take Series Opener From Phillies 4-1
- Report: Eagles To Keep Kicker Cody Parkey