Union Blow Late Lead, Settle For 3-3 Draw Against Colorado
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Former Sixer Evan Turner Agrees To Deal With Celtics
- NFL Play-by-Play Man Kevin Burkhardt: “I Think Chip’s Brilliant”
- Joel Embiid Is Moving On To Rihanna
- Phillies Place John Mayberry Jr. On DL; Recall Darin Ruf
- 6 NFL Rookies Already In The Spotlight
- St. Joe’s Prep To Be Featured On NFL Network
- Hernandez Gets The Ball For Phils vs. Giants
- Five Pressing Questions Facing Eagles Heading Into Camp
- Roy Halladay Pays Tribute To Chase Utley, Who Wins 5th Heart And Hustle Award
- Aaron Nola Taking Things ‘One Day At A Time’ In Clearwater