CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 12 Injury Report: Jake Elliott Cleared To Play Vs. Bears
- Flyers Blow Lead, Fall To Islanders 5-4 In OT
- College Basketball Games To Watch: Top Teams Battle It Out In Oregon
- Former Phillies Pitcher Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez Dead At 34
- WCU Gets Rematch With #1 IUP In NCAA Second Round
- CBS Sports’ Trent Green On Week 12 Bills-Chiefs Matchup, More
- Philip Rivers, Chargers Beat Fading Cowboys 28-6
- What NHL Teams Are Thankful For
- What Each MLB Team Is Thankful For
- What Each NFL Team Is Thankful For