CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Philly Soccer Show: Philadelphia Union Sportscaster Talks About The Season
- Temple Hosts Army Friday In 2016 Opener
- On The Rise: The Which Blair Project
- Florida State WR Has Lunch With Lonely Middle School Student, Brings Mom To Tears
- #VeteransForKaepernick Trends As Vets Defend NFL Player
- Watch: Jon Dorenbos Finishes His Most Recent AGT Trick With ‘Go Birds’
- Jeremiah Trotter, Merrill Reese To Be Inducted Into Eagles Hall Of Fame
- Nationals Hang On, Top Phillies 3-2
- While Regulars Sit, Some Eagles Prepare To Fight For Roster Spot In Preseason Finale
- 10 Questions With Pro Wrestling’s Next Big Star, Adam Cole