CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Phillies Shut Out By Garcia, Cardinals
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Kentucky Derby
- 76ers Add Marc Eversley And Ned Cohen To Front-Office
- Terrell Owens On Sam Bradford: ‘Sign Of Coward’
- Top 5 North Dakota Athletes
- Walkoff Hit Leads Cardinals Past Phillies, 5-4
- Johnny Manziel Booked In Domestic Violence Case
- Eagles Agree To Terms With 5 Rookies From 2016 Class
- Phillies Look For Second Straight Win In St. Louis
- On The Rise: Kevin Kisner Building On Defeat