Union Blow Late Lead, Settle For 3-3 Draw Against Colorado
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hamels Dominates Padres Again In Phillies 5-2 Win
- Eagles Expect Emotional Return From Jackson
- Eagles Tickets 7% Above Average For Sunday’s Game Vs. Redskins
- 6 Types Of People In Your Fantasy Football League
- Hamels Looks To End Phillies’ Skid In San Diego
- Former Penn Charter Star Matt Ryan To Face Tampa Bay On Thursday Night Football
- Eagles Now T-5th Shortest Odds To Win Super Bowl, 3rd Shortest To Win NFC
- Penn Heads South To Open Season At Jacksonville Saturday
- Umpire Joe West Suspended One Game For Papelbon Altercation
- Unsung Hero: Jordan Fromm