Union Blow Late Lead, Settle For 3-3 Draw Against Colorado
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shields Leads Padres Past Phillies 9-4
- Fan Dies After Fall From Upper Deck At Braves Game
- Eagles’ Starters Shine In 39-26 Win Over Packers
- Union’s Playoff Hopes Take Hit In 1-0 Loss To Revolution
- Morgan, Sweeney Lead Phillies Past Padres
- Santoliquito: Sam Bradford Looks Great In Green Bay
- Pennsylvania Advances To LLWS Championship
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Jahlil Okafor Joins Kevin Hart For 5K Run
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons