CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- SEC Football Report: Florida Tops Tennessee On Hail Mary
- Bulls Hire Doug Collins
- Chris Long Will Donate First 6 Game Checks To Fund Scholarships In Charlottesville
- Eagles Fans Bring ‘Run The Ball’ Sign To NovaCare Complex
- Ben McAdoo Calls Out Eli Manning For ‘Sloppy QB Play’
- Altherr’s Grand Slam Lifts Phillies Past Dodgers 4-3
- Judge: NFL Concussion Victims Hit With ‘Deceptive Practices’
- Keidel: The Patriots Are Just Fine
- Chase Utley Returns To Citizens Bank Park Again
- Malcolm Jenkins Still Confident: ‘We’re The Team To Beat In The NFC East’