CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Basketball Tournament Back In Philly, Melo Brings Final To Baltimore
- Indoor Football Team Rejects Greg Hardy After Fan Vote
- Top Baseball Analyst Has High Hopes For Jerad Eickhoff
- 30 Players: Alex Bregman Can Do It All For Astros
- SI Mock Draft Has Eagles Selecting A Familiar Linebacker
- Ewing Little League Receives $110,000 Grant For Lights At Newly Renovated Field
- Hawks Defeat Sixers 99-92
- Philly Soccer Show: Union’s Herbers Get Ready for DC; Pulisic Shines For US National Team
- Kutztown Football Walk-On Now NFL Draft Prospect
- Ray Didinger: ‘Best Cornerback Draft I Have Ever Seen’