CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arnold Palmer’s Legacy Lives On In Delaware Valley
- Golf Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87
- The Eagles’ Good, Bad & Ugly
- Wentz Leads Eagles To 3-0 Start—Beating Pittsburgh, 34-3
- Carson Wentz Keeps Eyes Down Field, Hits Sproles For 73-Yard TD
- Redskins Edge Giants 29-27
- Phillies Fall To Mets By 2 TD’s And A FG
- Scott Franzke: Baseball Lost ‘Great Young Talent’ With Tragic Death Of Jose Fernandez
- Eagles Fans Hope Team Can Cook Up Win Against Steelers
- Marlins Ace Jose Fernandez Killed In Boating Accident