CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Simmonds, Mason Spark Flyers’ 3-0 Win Over Rangers
- The Sad Truth About Philadelphia’s Sports Teams
- Sixers Center Okafor Says Boston Fight ‘Dumb On My Part’
- Univ. Of Pennsylvania Women’s Rowing Team Member Wins Rhodes Scholarship
- Winless Sixers Can’t Stop Harden, Grounded By Rockets 116-114
- Week 12: Eagles Studs And Duds
- ‘Ghost’ Lifts Flyers Over Predators 3-2 In Overtime
- Romo Out For Year After 2nd Collarbone Injury Of Season
- No. 8 Villanova Tops Georgia Tech In NIT Season Tip Off Championship Game
- 10 Over-The-Top Reactions Based On The NBA’s First Month