CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cody Rhodes: ‘I Spoke Too Soon’ About Picking New Wrestling Home
- Jim Harbaugh Takes Responsibility For 2011 Incident With Jim Schwartz
- Report: 76ers Will Pursue Spurs G Patty Mills
- Allen Iverson Puts LeBron James On His Basketball Mount Rushmore
- Phillie Phanatic Cannot Comfort Baby
- Chatwood Allows 1 Hit In 7 Innings, Rockies Top Phillies 7-2
- Girls Winslow Track Team Vying For 5th Straight State Championship
- Phillies Try To Stop The Bleeding Against Rockies
- Top NBA Prospect Jayson Tatum Drills 17 Straight Three’s
- WCU Heads To Division II College World Series