Union Blow Late Lead, Settle For 3-3 Draw Against Colorado
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Kentucky Likely To Continue Record-Breaking TV Numbers
- Walk-Through Metal Detectors Now At Citizens Bank Park
- Five Things: Cats Enter Final Four With Eight Lives
- Report: Eagles Will Likely Sign WR Miles Austin
- Local Rising Stars: Villanova’s Ryan Arcidiacono
- Flyers Vs. Penguins At Beaver Stadium Talks Continue
- 30 Players: Polanco Looks To Improve On Hot Start For Pirates
- Three No. 1 Seeds In Final Four
- Short-Handed Union Burnt By Fire 1-0
- Sixers Edged By LeBron, Cavs 87-86