CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Revenge Not On Villanova’s Mind Ahead Of Rematch With Butler
- Report: MLB To Get Rid Of Intentional Walks For 2017 Season
- Widener Hoops Looks To Stay Hot In Conference Tournament
- Phillies’ Michael Saunders Credits Mother Who Battled Breast Cancer For Person He Is Today
- Made-Up Trade: 76ers, Lakers, Pistons Andre Drummond Blockbuster
- Keidel: Where Should Tony Romo Go?
- Chiefs, Bills Could Save Significant Cap Money By Cutting Maclin, McCoy
- Temple Women’s Hoops Ranked No. 23
- Bryn Athyn Women Ready To Make Most Of Conference Tourney
- Report: Pacers Pursuing Jahlil Okafor