CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Phillies Beat Brewers Behind Williams, Eickhoff, Kendrick
- Jordan Spieth Wins British Open
- Santana Drives In Winning Run, Phils Fall To Brewers 9-8
- Aaron Nola, Freddy Galvis Lead Phils To 6-1 Win Over Brewers
- High School Football Head Coach Tackles First Season In New Role
- Keidel: What’s Left To Say About O.J. Simpson?
- Dez Bryant Not Worried About Ezekiel Elliott’s Behavior
- Mike Trout Joins LeBron-To-Philly Campaign
- 14 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Superstar Randy Orton
- Most Questionable Contracts Of The Offseason