CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flyers Blow Late Lead, Fall To Rangers In SO
- Milestone Win For Dunphy As Temple Tops UCF 62-60
- Lowest Price For Super Bowl Ticket Is $3,000, Company Says
- NJ Nurses Part Of Audio Team Working Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Recap: Sixers Defeated By Washington Wizards,106-94
- High School Of Denver Broncos Kicker Celebrates ‘Brandon McManus Day’
- Hawks Look To Bounce Back On The Road
- Keidel: Broncos – Panthers Super Bowl 50 Breakdown
- How Does Wing Bowl Champ Molly Schuyler Do It?
- Dennis Rodman: ‘I Don’t Think The Warriors Could Beat’ The 72-Win Bulls