CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Kluber, Perez, Indians Beat Cubs 6-0 In World Series Opener
- Flyers Pull Off Late Comeback, Top Sabres 4-3 In Shootout
- Owls Look To Keep Rolling Against Cincinnati
- Flyers Welcome Sabres To Center Tonight
- Union Ready For Postseason Match-Up With Toronto FC
- Giants Release Kicker Josh Brown
- Delaware Readies For Homecoming Match-Up With Towson
- Joel Embiid To Play 20 Minutes In Season Opener
- PSU Student Starts GoFundMe Page To Repair OSU Riot Damage
- Eagles Opponent Profile: Cowboys’ Young Stars Look To Shine Sunday Night