CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Birds Play-By-Play Legend Merrill Reese All Smiles At Eagles Super Bowl Ring Sizing Day
- Altherr Goes Deep To Back Arrieta, Phils Beat D’Backs 5-3
- Media Day For 21st Annual Home Runs For Heart
- Avila Leads Diamondbacks In 8-4 Win Over Phillies
- NBA Playoffs: 76ers Advance To Next Round After Beating Heat
- WATCH: Meek Mill Rings Bell At Sixers-Heat Game 5
- New York Times Questions If Eagles Will Visit Trump White House After Super Bowl Victory
- Phillies’ Nick Williams, Phanatic Help Local Kids Plant Tree
- Funeral Home Offers Flyers Fans Condolences After Playoff Elimination
- Super Bowl Champion Eagles ‘Discussing’ Visit To White House