Several Injured In Paratransit Bus Accident In North Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Officials say five people were injured Sunday when a SEPTA paratransit bus and another vehicle collided in the Fairill section of Philadelphia.
The crash happened around 2 p.m. at 6th and Cambria Streets.
According to police, a brown Cadillac driven by a 48-year-old male ran a red light, then struck the paratransit bus, causing it to overturn.
“The cadillac ran the light and t-boned the SEPTA paratransit bus,” says Alexander Kuilan, who witness the accident and also says it could have been a lot worse. “I just jumped into action, ran across the street to help the people out. People were screaming and shouting.”
Three passengers on the bus suffered back and neck pain and lacerations to the face and were taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition. The driver of the bus and a pedestrian who was injured when the bus hit a stoplight pole were transported to Hahnemann University Hospital. They are also in stable condition.
Police say the driver of the vehicle that hit the bus tried to get away on foot, but police caught him shortly after. He was arrested for DUI.
Investigators cleared the scene several hours later.
“You don’t like to see this kind of stuff, but praise God nobody was killed,” says Kuilan.
- Police Investigate Death Of 10-Month-Old At Delaware Daycare
- Water, Weather, Age Likely Contributed To Partial Wall Collapse In Center City, According To L&I
- Snow Shovelers Questioned By Police In Montgomery County
- Emergency Management Team Tasked With Reviving Atlantic City Has Some Worried About Job Cuts
- Montgomery County Woman Accused Of Stealing More Than $10,000 From Cub Scouts And Girl Scouts
- Philadelphia City Council Candidate Hijacks Domain Names To Steer Voters From His Opponent
- Police: Woman Fatally Shot In Southwest Philadelphia
- Val Arkoosh Set to Be Sworn in As Replacement Montgomery County Commissioner
- Police: Suspect Arrested In Alleged Attack On Teen Girl On SEPTA Trolley
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Pres. Obama, VP Biden Coming to Philadelphia This Week