TRENTON, N.J. (CBS) – Actor-comedian Tracy Morgan has been released from his rehabilitation center a month after he was critically injured in a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike (read related story).
Spokesman Lewis Kay says Morgan will continue his recovery at his home with an “aggressive outpatient program” and wanted to pass along his sincerest gratitude to everyone who helped him get tot his point.
Kay adds the former ‘Saturday Night Live’ and ‘30 Rock’ would like privacy as he continues his recovery.
Morgan suffered a broken leg, nose, and ribs on June 7 when his van was hit from behind by a Walmart truck. Fellow comedian, 62-year-old James McNair, was killed in the wreck and four others were injured.
Morgan filed a lawsuit on Thursday against Walmart (read related story). He alleges the retailer allowed truck driver Kevin Roper to drive despite being awake for more than 24 hours, causing him to fall asleep at the wheel. In response to the lawsuit, Walmart said in a statement: “We are deeply sorry that one of our trucks was involved. … We know it will take some time to resolve all of the remaining issues as a result of the accident, but we’re committed to doing the right thing for all involved.”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: 2 Teens Stabbed At Center City SEPTA Station
- Cosby Jurors Ask Judge For Statements From Witness Who Accused Andrea Constand Of Framing Actor For Money
- Suspect Arrested For Murder In New Jersey Road Rage Incident
- Texas Man Sentenced To 50 Years In Prison For Stealing Over $1 Million Worth Of Fajitas
- Audi Issues Recall Of More Than 1 Million Cars Worldwide