Nonprofit Stages 5K Run To Help Families Dealing With Cancer And Paying Bills
By Kim Glovas
WEST CHESTER (CBS) – A race to help families battling cancer is taking place today at 8 a.m. in West Chester, Chester County. The nonprofit “Bringing Hope Home” is staging a 5K run and walk called “Staffing Up To STOMP Cancer.”
Paul Isenberg and his buddy Tim Sherry founded the nonprofit in 2008 after Isenberg’s wife, Nicole, died from Hodgkins Disease. Isenberg explains what the organization does:
“Bringing Hope Home is a nonprofit 501-c3 whose mission is to provide emotional and financial support to local families with cancer.”
He says most families facing cancer spend an average of $10,000-$25,000 on out of pocket expenses and that’s where BHH comes in.
Isenberg says the organization helps pay for utilities, rent, mortgage and food bills. He says the BHH gets the bills from the family, tries to negotiate them down and pays directly to the utility company or landlord.
For more information, visit: http://bringinghopehome.org/
You may also be interested in these stories:
- New Section On Snapchat Will Feature News Coverage
- Nifty Fifty’s And A Decades Long Conspiracy By Owners And Managers
- Hard Rock Eyeing Atlantic City Again, But The CEO Wants To Make It Easier To Get There By Air
- Weather: Frigid Air Before Sunday Snow
- Weight Loss Program Email Sparks Outrage At Local College