By Kim Glovas
WEST CHESTER (CBS) — A race to help families battling cancer is taking place today at 8 a.m. in West Chester, Chester County. The nonprofit “Bringing Hope Home” is staging a 5K run and walk called “Staffing Up To STOMP Cancer.”
Paul Isenberg and his buddy Tim Sherry founded the nonprofit in 2008 after Isenberg’s wife, Nicole, died from Hodgkins Disease. Isenberg explains what the organization does:
“Bringing Hope Home is a nonprofit 501-c3 whose mission is to provide emotional and financial support to local families with cancer.”
He says most families facing cancer spend an average of $10,000-$25,000 on out of pocket expenses and that’s where BHH comes in.
Isenberg says the organization helps pay for utilities, rent, mortgage and food bills. He says the BHH gets the bills from the family, tries to negotiate them down and pays directly to the utility company or landlord.
For more information, visit: http://bringinghopehome.org/
You may also be interested in these stories:
- American Airlines Computer Problems Leads To Ground Stop At Philly Airport
- 1 Dead After Fiery Crash In Montgomery County
- Philadelphia Charter School Gets 9,190 Apps For 96 Spots
- Police Issue Warning After Boys Allegedly Sexually Assaulted At Bucks County Park
- Commuters Frustrated Following SEPTA’s Train Crash