By Kim Glovas
WEST CHESTER (CBS) — A race to help families battling cancer is taking place today at 8 a.m. in West Chester, Chester County. The nonprofit “Bringing Hope Home” is staging a 5K run and walk called “Staffing Up To STOMP Cancer.”
Paul Isenberg and his buddy Tim Sherry founded the nonprofit in 2008 after Isenberg’s wife, Nicole, died from Hodgkins Disease. Isenberg explains what the organization does:
“Bringing Hope Home is a nonprofit 501-c3 whose mission is to provide emotional and financial support to local families with cancer.”
He says most families facing cancer spend an average of $10,000-$25,000 on out of pocket expenses and that’s where BHH comes in.
Isenberg says the organization helps pay for utilities, rent, mortgage and food bills. He says the BHH gets the bills from the family, tries to negotiate them down and pays directly to the utility company or landlord.
For more information, visit: http://bringinghopehome.org/
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘Rock Game’ Strengthening Bonds Within Williamstown Community
- 22 Philly Public Schools To Receive New Full-Time Social Workers
- Invasive Insect Poses Threat To Fruit Trees, Grape Vines
- Fight Over Fees: Federal Judge Rules Lawsuit Against Comcast Can Proceed
- Residents Benefiting From City’s Housing Preservation Program