By Kim Glovas
WEST CHESTER (CBS) — A race to help families battling cancer is taking place today at 8 a.m. in West Chester, Chester County. The nonprofit “Bringing Hope Home” is staging a 5K run and walk called “Staffing Up To STOMP Cancer.”
Paul Isenberg and his buddy Tim Sherry founded the nonprofit in 2008 after Isenberg’s wife, Nicole, died from Hodgkins Disease. Isenberg explains what the organization does:
“Bringing Hope Home is a nonprofit 501-c3 whose mission is to provide emotional and financial support to local families with cancer.”
He says most families facing cancer spend an average of $10,000-$25,000 on out of pocket expenses and that’s where BHH comes in.
Isenberg says the organization helps pay for utilities, rent, mortgage and food bills. He says the BHH gets the bills from the family, tries to negotiate them down and pays directly to the utility company or landlord.
For more information, visit: http://bringinghopehome.org/
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Pedestrian Struck And Killed In Drexel Hill
- Annual Travel And Adventure Show Opens At Pa. Convention Center
- Montgomery County Guidance Counselor Pens Book Helping Students Get Into College
- Philly Students Being Mentored By Police: ‘I Just Wanted Someone To Talk To’
- Local Officials React To GOP Health Care Bill Being Pulled